• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cummins no start

picked up my familys 01 2500 that sat for a few years, installed a new DDRP lift pump since the stock in tank was dead, i prime the system all the way to the vp and crack injector lines but only am getting a little fuel out, how much should it be producing when bleeding the air out, after i close the lines up and crank nothing happens it just keeps turning over, any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

After I replaced my lift pump I had to crank my truck for a long time. Crack 3 injectors that easiest to get to. Also I assume you did the bump starter truck for priming the system?

i cracked #1,#3,and #4 and i bumped the key to get fuel all the way to the vp, but im not sure how much should be coming out of the injector lines when cranking, how long did it take you, i got mad after working all day and just gave up and was going to come back to it after consulting some forums

3 open lines will put out a fair amount of fuel even just cranking. Does not sound like it is getting up there. You might bump the starter again and make sure the fuel is still getting to the pump. Might have been air bubble still in the line. Blue Chip Diesel has the hot wire VP44 info that @Me78569 mentions.

23 hours ago, suzukishamus516 said:

picked up my familys 01 2500 that sat for a few years, installed a new DDRP lift pump since the stock in tank was dead, i prime the system all the way to the vp and crack injector lines but only am getting a little fuel out, how much should it be producing when bleeding the air out, after i close the lines up and crank nothing happens it just keeps turning over, any suggestions?

Are u still trying to pull fuel threw the intank pump or did u remove it