• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

57/65/14 with 7x.012s

I acquired a turbo from my buddy in a trade. The tag reads: P/N: 174430, MOD: S300G 071, S/N: F2205 1296. Looks to be a 57/65/14 Super B. It's in good shape, normal side play, no in/out play.

After I get a built trans I planned on running an SXE 362 62/68/14 with 7x.012s. To save money would I be ok to run the 7x.012s with the 57/65/14 turbo? I eventually would get the 62/68 but just run the 57/65 in the meantime. And yes I do have a Quad with V2, just not installed yet.

• 1 year later...

Forgive me if this is not the correct thread for my question.  I am just about ready to upgrade to a Quad, injectors and turbo.  The question regarding injector size to turbo.  One thought I had is a set of 7x.012 with a 62/68/12/14.  Another idea is to go all out with twins and 7x.013 injectors.  I wanted to stay with a single at first because I wanted to qualify for summer sled pulls, but if going to twins is really the correct approach, I will hang up my sled pull hitch forever and go with the twins.  I do have an already beefed up transmission, ported head with head studs.

Edited by Nicarlov

16 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I do believe the turbo and injectors you looking at will work on both setups, you can start with a single and then later add another turbo. There are more experienced people with tweens that will put their :2cents: hopefully 

So does this mean that a single will support non-smoke for 7x.013 injectors or just the 7x.012?  

no smoke on 7 x .012's with only a 57 mm inducer is gonna be hard to do.     7 x .012's can flow more fuel than the vp can supply, but the turbo is limited to ~450 hp.    

I doubt you would be able to max canbus duration, and def no wiretap.   I could run just a touch of wiretap with my 7 x .012's and the he351ve.

8 hours ago, Me78569 said:

no smoke on 7 x .012's with only a 57 mm inducer is gonna be hard to do.     7 x .012's can flow more fuel than the vp can supply, but the turbo is limited to ~450 hp.    

I doubt you would be able to max canbus duration, and def no wiretap.   I could run just a touch of wiretap with my 7 x .012's and the he351ve.

I think he's thinking about 62/68/12 or 14 that should be fine as a single or a twin I believe, I know a lot of people still use hx35 for a twin set up. But pretty sure a lot of people used 62/68/12 and that's set up also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm enjoying my 7x10 with the set up I got, now if I ever went tweens, I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably 7x12 vco pop 320 also, use my current Turbo and 475 or something, or I may sell my turbo with injectors as set up and get a 4" outlet one, mine is still 3" because of exhaust brake I got. Honestly where I live and what I tow I don't need the exhaust brake that much, so for me next step is 4" outlet. I'm only dreaming at this time as I spent lots of money recently on head gasket, turbo, injectors, valve train, etc. So unless someone offers something good, I'm stuck with what I got for a while. I do like my set up so really don't care at this point.