• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo options and opinions

Ooooooooooooooooooooo things heating up over here!

Bayes' comment does have some validity.  That injector/turbine combo isn't as horrible on a manual truck, but there will be lag.

Wait.  Didn't you put the stock injectors back in?  If that's the case, it is a terrible idea.

Edited by trreed

2 minutes ago, trreed said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooo things heating up over here!

Bayes' comment does have some validity.  That injector/turbine combo isn't as horrible on a manual truck, but there will be lag.

Wait.  Didn't you put the stock injectors back in?  If that's the case, it is a terrible idea.

No sir I did not. Are u saying the HE351CW is a bad idea or the 62/68/12?

https://www.dieselautopower.com/checkout/cart/ 

What else am I gonna need besides these parts in my cart for the swap? Just trying to get an idea in the cost of the swap. 

3 minutes ago, trreed said:

I believe that limit is in place because stock clutch is in place.  Right @Marcus2000monster?

62/68/12 is worse idea than a HE351CW

Yep and I refuse to go bigger. I am NOT trying to make 500 hp ! 350 to 400 MAX! 

2 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

That stock clutch is gonna be angry with anything that spools fast. Injector or not.

Yup I understand! Btw I’m not mad at anyone just putting an emphasis on my words! 

1 minute ago, trreed said:

Link brings up an empty cart.... 

Sh*t. Ok well I’m the cart was the following:

oil drain gasket

2g to 3g intercooler ipe

downpipe

oil drain tube 12”. 

Talked to Mitch at Dap and he acted that was about it. I think I’ll need a turbo mounting gasket to.... T3?

You will need a T3 gasket.  And some sort of wastegate mounting provision or a spring gate.  Downpipe clamp as well (unless that comes with the downpipe).  Not sure why you need the drain tube.  Stock one should still work.  

Also.  Bayes' comment said the opposite of what I did.  This HE351CW is going to be harder on your clutch than a 62 SXE would be.

Edited by trreed

2 minutes ago, trreed said:

You will need a T3 gasket.  And some sort of wastegate mounting provision or a spring gate.  Not sure why you need the drain tube.  Stock one should still work.  

Also.  Bayes' comment said the opposite of what I did.  This HE351CW is going to be harder on your clutch than a 62 SXE would be.

Yup I was gonna get a spring gate from crazy Carl’s. Uh oh I see a SB Con Ofe coming in the future! I threw a t3 in the cart...

1 minute ago, jlbayes said:

Stock drain works great. Will need an open t3 gasket. Or get crafty with a chisel and make your divided an open gasket. :whistle2:

Roger that

17 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

That stock clutch is gonna be angry with anything that spools fast. Injector or not.

It ain’t gonna last forever but I’ll make it last as long as possible! :wink:

I’m sort a thinkin I better wait to do the swap till I wear out my stick clutch. 75s and a Qaud are gonna kill it pretty quick lol. 

We’re looking at 400$ in parts without the turbo. Not too bad... :thumbup2:

• Owner
6 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I am NOT trying to make 500 hp ! 350 to 400 MAX! 

Then I would say slow down a second.

First get the Quadzilla first you find out you are really close just with that. Then toss in some injectors @Me78569 would suggest (7 x 0.010 Injectors). That will get you the fuel you need to reach it. Now as for the turbo at this point you could do either. But without the injectors and the tuner that truck will be laggy.

Kind of like seeing guys that have twin turbos with RV275 injectors. Yes, I'm sorry to say I've seen this... :doh:

Edited by Mopar1973Man