• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo options and opinions

What was the fix for you guys? 

9 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have been there too. It will not to drive it. Frustraring but not harmful that i know of.

22 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

It is called reduced power mode. Limp mode is the transmission. Issues with the map or anything that plugs into the map can cause the ecm to pull fuel. Been there.

Pretty sure mine is a wiring issue in the wiring harness. When I was having starter problems I grabbed the engine harness at the sensor grounds, gave a big squeeze and wiggled it around as much as possible and it stopped doing it. This is my electrically uneducated guess for the moment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Easier yet hook up a live data tool look for change of value.

Crap I sold my scan gauge to fund other parts. That was stupid. The obdlink won’t work will it? 

The truck definitely feels pretty sluggish right now. I’m going to test the map socket and check for 5 volts at lunch. 

Also I plugged he boost fooler back in and it made no difference 

When mine was acting up the scan gauge we read 14.6 and not move. The scan gauge reads weird for boost as it is but it always moved up when everything was working.

When idling it reads near 28.

Edited by dripley

Uh oh now I don’t have my scan gauge. Local Cummins parts joint has a sensornbutnif that’s not the problem I don’t wanna some the $$. If I don’t have a data tool do I just get a sensor or wait and see what happens? So far the

cide hasn’t came back but I have been traveling between a good at speeds no more than 40mph.

21 minutes ago, dripley said:

When mine was acting up you could tell it at any speed. 0 to 60 as 25 seconds or more. No mistaking it was doing it.

I had a nasty misspelling streak in that post lol. I meant that I was cruising between shops at 40 mph. It don’t fell just like it won’t go but just ever so slightly sluggish? 

I unhooked the map and probed it with my multimeter and just got a irrational reading anywhere from 0 to 16 volts ac. Now I wish I wouldn’t have sold the scan gauge. 

If didnthrow another code when I hooked it back up which is to be expected. When I drive it after while I’ll be able to tell if it’s in “low power mode” or not. 

2 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I had a nasty misspelling streak in that post lol. I meant that I was cruising between shops at 40 mph. It don’t fell just like it won’t go but just ever so slightly sluggish? 

I unhooked the map and probed it with my multimeter and just got a irrational reading anywhere from 0 to 16 volts ac. Now I wish I wouldn’t have sold the scan gauge. 

If didnthrow another code when I hooked it back up which is to be expected. When I drive it after while I’ll be able to tell if it’s in “low power mode” or not. 

Measure DC voltage, not AC. You shouldn't have AC voltage anywhere. If you're seeing AC volts, that's cause for concern. If it's an el cheapo meter the spirratic AC volt reading might not be reliable anyway.

1 minute ago, kzimmer said:

Measure DC voltage, not AC. You shouldn't have AC voltage anywhere. If you're seeing AC volts, that's cause for concern. If it's an el cheapo meter the spirratic AC volt reading might not be reliable anyway.

Ok I’ll try that. Also what about measuring resistance between the terminals of the plug?