• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok guys my 2002 fuel mileage sucks iv had different issues with it had a miss at idle changed injectors fixed miss put dap 50hp in it got a edge ez tuner fass pump boost gauge about 10 on it when getting in it and about 4-5 driving 55 fuel pressure 20lb idle 16 down highway iv checked fuel mileage in town about 13 mph . so could tuner or injector cause bad fuel mileage i mean shouldn't it get a little better i drive like a old man  thanks.

• Owner
On 4/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, juspassinthrough said:

got a edge ez tuner

Need to ditch the tuner and jump up to a Quadzilla Adrenaline. The biggest thing you have ZERO control of the timing and very little if any control of the fuel. I'm able to touch 21 MPG with just the Quadzilla and no wiretap for one year. 

I know this is going off track a bit. Like my 1996 dodge 5.9L V8 I'm running 235/85 R16 tires on 3.55 gears this makes the final gear ratio about 3.43. Now after doing a bit of study work I'm going to change on this next set of tires from 235/85 R16 to 245/75 R16 which will drop my final gear ratio to 3.72 roughly. This will reduce the load on the engine. Now in your case you rear gears at 4.11 so what size tire are you running so I can find your final ratio.

you have 3.55's if you are at 1800 rpm at 65 mph.  

Biggest thing with the EZ canned tunes is you need to keep engine load sub %25.  Once you top that timing falls off from ~18-19* down to 12* and your MPG follows.  

A set of 7 x .010's will help you do 65 mph while keeping engine load down.

• Like 1