• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The 2nd Gen Rejuvenate (Stock +)

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Heck... If I was to go that far I would pull the 4 bolts on the back seat and then go all the way back to the rear of the cab. 

The material wasn’t long enough, otherwise I probably would have done that.  It spans from the front of the shift boot to the front of the plastic tray underneath the back seat 

@NightHawk, now that you have driven on it for a few days, would you do it again? trying to gauge the benefit against the time investment. Although, mine would definitely benefit from a good deep cleaning. I don't have carpet in mine though, so i am sure that the plastic liner does little if anything to dampen road noise. 

If i opened it up, i suppose it would be a good time to add a speaker box behind the rear seat...

• Owner
7 minutes ago, adamey1000 said:

I don't have carpet in mine though, so i am sure that the plastic liner does little if anything to dampen road noise. 

Actually be very careful the rubber floormats are known for rusting out the bodies quicker being that they seal in more water. There is a foam pad below that holds the moisture longer. Where people with carpet tend to be more careful not to drag in all the mud and water. Where rubber floor people get sloppy and assume the rubber floor is keeping the moisture out which it won't. It will leech under the edges of the rubber flooring and wick up in the foam pad. It's worth it to lift the door trims and check yearly. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner
51 minutes ago, adamey1000 said:

that is good to know. i had not even considered that possibility 

Very common out here. A lot of the ranchers opted for the rubber floor mats but end up rotting the cab floors out because the amount of mud and snow they drag in. Then go home and hose the cab out and the water automatically pools under the floor mat and the rot begins. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 6:40 AM, adamey1000 said:

@NightHawk, now that you have driven on it for a few days, would you do it again? trying to gauge the benefit against the time investment. Although, mine would definitely benefit from a good deep cleaning. I don't have carpet in mine though, so i am sure that the plastic liner does little if anything to dampen road noise. 

If i opened it up, i suppose it would be a good time to add a speaker box behind the rear seat...

I took a 150 mile trip this weekend and the results were fantastic!  I was able to cruise down the freeway @ 65mph, with the windows crack 2-3 inches for ventilation, the music on low while holding a conversation at normal volume.  The "extra" noise from the engine/turbo (no silencer ring) and road is reduced, there is no doubt its a second gen but the cab ride is way less "wearing".   I have a few more summer trips planned, don't know if they'll all be in the truck but it gets some redemption points from the other passengers. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...