• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NEED HELP! Engine cold, but Coolant Temperature gauge Pegged with Error Codes

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I gave up on being paranoid... Few reasons first off there is enough manpower to track everyone. Then if the tracking is so good then why can't they track down criminals? I've got all my address and phone numbers out on the internet. Still to this day everyone still asks me for my mailing address or my phone number when it's on every single page here. :duh: Go ahead and track me...

Funny part by the time I get home the cellphone is nothing more than electronic brick. No cell phone signal, canyon walls screw with the GPS and not accurate even my GPS in the truck is goofy here. WiFi location reports me way off the mark. Even attempting to track my IP shows weird locations. Heck MoparMom and I both use the Life360 app to track each other. She can send me a message saying hey your need X store can you pick up Y.

I hear what your saying, but the question still remains as to why this app wants to access your phone call logs to read OBDII data, or know your location. I can see accessing your file storage system so it can store it's own files, but the rest is BS. And by getting used to agreeing to all these apps wanting to know our business we are being programmed more and more every day to give up more and more of our right to privacy. IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sprpilot said:

I hear what your saying, but the question still remains as to why this app wants to access your phone call logs to read OBDII data, or know your location. I can see accessing your file storage system so it can store it's own files, but the rest is BS. And by getting used to agreeing to all these apps wanting to know our business we are being programmed more and more every day to give up more and more of our right to privacy. IMO

Very true.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I gave up on being paranoid... Few reasons first off there is enough manpower to track everyone. Then if the tracking is so good then why can't they track down criminals? I've got all my address and phone numbers out on the internet. Still to this day everyone still asks me for my mailing address or my phone number when it's on every single page here. :duh: Go ahead and track me...

Funny part by the time I get home the cellphone is nothing more than electronic brick. No cell phone signal, canyon walls screw with the GPS and not accurate even my GPS in the truck is goofy here. WiFi location reports me way off the mark. Even attempting to track my IP shows weird locations. Heck MoparMom and I both use the Life360 app to track each other. She can send me a message saying hey your need X store can you pick up Y.

Also very true.

• Owner
38 minutes ago, sprpilot said:

That part is designed by the Linux structure if you an Android user. iPhone is a similar structure. Here with my Linux PC and Android Phone, you have to give permission to access particular information or modify data. For example, I want to change a configure file on my PC I have to provide a ROOT password to allow the system to alter that file. The same thing is true for Android but it assumed the user is the ROOT user and you already unlocked the phone so it left to a yes or no question. Being that on a cell phone the amount of RAM and storage is very limited most functions are stack up so yes you might be giving up call information so you can actually have one function the program requires. PC is a bit more granular permissions because of larger storage and more RAM to work with. 

The only thing I can say is find another app that asks less of the phone for permissions but you'll end up finding out the software is extremely limited and functions are missing.

Someday everyone will have to decide for themselves where to draw the line, you either will be part of it or not and it will be very difficult to go through life for those that will choose not to be part of it. Hard to explain but it's already happening slowly. Those that know what I'm talking about, know what I'm talking about. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It seems every one of the apps I am having to deal with wants all of that access to my tablet. It belongs to the company and they just tell me to do it. But I have found that you can refusemall that crap and most of them still work. I personally don't like it but sometimes you have to pay to play. I also dont keep any personal info on this tablet. Not even sure I like the damn thing for that reason. It seems it is the wave of the future. Sure am glad I am retiring in a couple years. And I still think cash is a better alternative to using a card, unless you are buying parts on line.:wink:

• Like 1