• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bulletproof mods

13 minutes ago, cajflynn said:

That truck is a 2016 with 270k miles on it.  I had a 06 and 07 that lasted about 500k each.

Jeebus that is a ton on a 2 year truck!!! I would have never guessed it had 270k on it! My 01 has 310k now and it looks like hell.....

3 hours ago, cajflynn said:

Because my 3rd gens all had injector problems.  I blew quite a few motors after an injector or two got stuck open.  My 4th gens have been far more reliable.

The legend himself, nice to meet you sir. I'm with you on 4th gen if I ever get a newer truck I'm skipping over 3rd gen straight to 4th like i did with pagers. Glad to see you still around. 

Nice to meet you too.  I haven't been here in a while. It's nice to see everyone still marching on.

1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

So good to meet you sir! MY I ask of the engine has been rebuilt?

My 01 was never rebuilt.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@cajflynn is my inspiration on the 2nd Gen. After watching him cross 1 million miles I know anyone can do it. Just sad to see 3rd gens 500k lifespan. Ive actually heard lower like 300k miles. Then the expense of replacing injectors too.

Dads 06 made it to 460 and he sold it and he has stayed in contact with the buyer. He is almost to 500k but he truck has quite a bit of blow by

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Dads 06 made it to 460 and he sold it and he has stayed in contact with the buyer. He is almost to 500k but he truck has quite a bit of blow by

Nice to see a few made close to 1/2 million. Like around here most of them seem to be blown up around the 200-300k miles range. 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I used to test blowby by removing the oil cap and set it back down on the fill hole upside down.  If the blowby was so bad the cap fell off, the motor was done.  If the cap didn't blow off, I kept going and checked it regularly.  

Edited by cajflynn
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, cajflynn said:

I used to test blowby by removing the oil cap and set it back down on the fill hole upside down.  If the blowby was so bad the cap fell off, the motor was done.  If the cap didn't blow off, I kept going and checked it regularly.  

I've heard that like 95% of blowby can be fixed by pouring some product into your oil I believe and it'll remove the carbon. They use it on semis from what I've heard.

4 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

I've heard that like 95% of blowby can be fixed by pouring some product into your oil I believe and it'll remove the carbon. They use it on semis from what I've heard.

Also by not having any vacuum leaks and a good crank case vent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1