• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New A/C Compressor, Orifice Tube, and Accumulator, and now clutch wont engage.

• Owner
25 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Yeah you got something there.....

Yeah, there is a few different examples like some member here are looking for ball joints and willing to $739 for a set of ball joint for 3rd gen. Like on my 2nd gen I bought AC Delco ball joints for $30 a piece still going nearly 200k miles later.  Some other member believes in Cummins thermostats and pay the $100 price tag. I would just buy a NAPA thermostat and save a bunch of money at $29.

30 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

I see someone plays Rust lol good game by the way.

Yeah just started I'm a rather Noob yet. 

31 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Seems like a good Denso for $128..... Compared to the $250 for the same one any where else

Denso is at least a pretty big company covering a wide range of parts. 

• Staff

I've used Murry A/C compressors from O'Reillys in a pinch. The last one I installed was for an 01 Chevy Taho with rear A/C, June 1, 2017.  I paid $189 for it with a limited lifetime warranty.

Here is a new Murry compressor from O'Reillys for $234.  Now, that price is in Escondido, CA  and I can't see why there is a $96 price difference between states.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/air-conditioning-16770/compressors---clutch-16796/a-c-compressor-12403/796587886e88?fitAttr_10076=With Clutch

The other brands I've used have been Valeo , Sanden and York.  These were for different Volvo models.

• Like 1

• Owner

Here is the boiling point of water at different levels of vacuum. On of the few reason I like to do A/C work at noon at the hottest part of the day and have the customer drive to me. This produces a lot of engine bay heat and all the plumbing is nice and hot. Little vacuum will go a very long ways. 

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-to-boiling-point-of-water-in-vacuum

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Finally got to look at my ac clutch this weekend. It seems it has worn enough that the metal plates on the front have actually rubbed the pulley enough to wear the metal thru around the outside. I just bit the bullet and ordered all new.