• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rattlesnake Fire, Idaho - 2018

• Owner

20180727_184232.jpg20180727_184213.jpg

I do think its rather strange that they placed the sprinklers in my yard instead of up on the hillside where the fire would be burning. Like I've currently got my sprinklers set up and going behind the house and keeping a huge area wet. With 4 sprinklers I've managed to make a wet line behind the house. 

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

You don't want to know, and I don't want to say. No more from me on these subjects. 

Alex, I do want to know.... perhaps PM a link or website I can look at? Thank you.

Also is it true Mopar1973Man, that a lot of the trees still live after the fire? Just most of the grasses and lower story gets burned? T.I.A.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

20180727_184232.jpg20180727_184213.jpg

I do think its rather strange that they placed the sprinklers in my yard instead of up on the hillside where the fire would be burning. Like I've currently got my sprinklers set up and going behind the house and keeping a huge area wet. With 4 sprinklers I've managed to make a wet line behind the house. 

Maybe they will bury all of their chain saws and such in your back yard when they are done. 

• Like 1

• Owner
8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Also is it true Mopar1973Man, that a lot of the trees still live after the fire? Just most of the grasses and lower story gets burned? T.I.A.

Ummm... Well yes and no... Some trees will torch and if there is no pitch trail on the bark typically the tree does OK as long as the temperature doesn't exceed 140*F that is the kill temperature of the needles. So if the fire has short flame lengths and moving long the ground slowly then most likely the trees will survive. Now if it was like the IA (Initial Attack) there was trees torching up and would light up the valley like the sun came back up at 1am. Within about 1 minute the glow would fade back to black. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I not convinced on the first two videos.

The third however is possible since throughout history there has always been evil people. Like those, for example, that have taken the truth out of education on our young ones. In the end it teaches lawlessness by helping to build a weak conscience and a lack of self discipline.

The drought conditions out west is as the same drought being taught in the hearts and minds our schools. 

This is how I believe..... that conditions will only get worse until we learn about the real love and real education that only comes from loving God. It not that he causes destruction........ it that we are tearing down the wall of security when we deny Him

Sorry to derail this thread Mike. I thank Alex for bringing this about.

What is the latest conditions on the Rattlesnake fire?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

I haven't watched the videos, so not sure what they are talking about but here is my 0.02 on fires. 

It's been 30 years since the 1988 fire of Yellowstone that showed us how bad our policy on fire fighting was. Up until that fire we put every fire out as fast as we could, which meant the fuels built up instead of burned up. 

Now we try to let fires burn and keep structures/lives safe. More letting of fires burn means more fires active, and if you combine that with varying winter weather you end up with a lot of fires. 

The location of some fires gets them a lot more publicity than other fires. So far it doesn't seem like it's any worse of a fire season around here, but the fire locations are getting lots of publicity. 

We also have more human caused fires, which is another topic all together. 

I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart.....but still try to live objectively in the real world and keep my head above the garbage.  Although I do believe there's evil out there lurking about and constantly bidding for our attention.

• Like 1

• Owner

New fires... :cry:

Island Bar Fire started yesterday on the Salmon River. Vehicle-caused growing rapidly. Basically running down the east side mountain range. Sad part this burned 3 years ago with the Teepee Springs fire.

Then Midvale, ID has a fire currently burning. 

Council, ID has a fire burning. 

Banks, ID is burning yet.

Not good, it's smoke everywhere and still hot as hell without ice water.

Resources are very limited. Our Fire Dept was going to demob last night from the Rattlesnake fire. Kind of a good thing having the resources back and ready to jump on the next call. I've got to talk to the fire chief about a few truck repairs.

Sounds like my job in Maryland except the fires I have been putting out are not the same as the literal fires you are fighting. Very stress full none the less. I hope things get better soon. My last week in Maryland is next week. I will never go back, unless............

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 8/6/2018 at 6:44 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Still just about 150 feet from deck to the black. Straight up on top.

Wow! Amazed. Are most trees still alive I hope?

It just seems there is less and less any real weather, like we used to get. I hope I'm wrong.

How is MoparMom?

• Owner
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Wow! Amazed. Are most trees still alive I hope?

I'm going to have lots of free firewood next year. There is patches where the trees either killed by flame temperature or torched. Plenty to get next year. 

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

How is MoparMom?

she is hanging in there. Long rides back and forth to dialysis and just got home now.

• Like 1

Glad to here Moparmom is doing OK...  Most people have life backwards.  Health is everything, not all the crap we collect throughout life.

As for wood, well I'm kinda concerned because at this rate I'm guessing the forest will be shut down to fire wood cutting simply because of the ongoing fires and the aftermath of those fires.  Not to get political either but environmentalists are already trying to hobble the fire clean up in Napa Valley and probably up here too.  They're claiming that all the burnt material is dangerous and must be cleaned up following hazmat guidelines.  You all know what that means...

7 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Glad to here Moparmom is doing OK...  Most people have life backwards.  Health is everything, not all the crap we collect throughout life.

:smart: 

when my back hurts from a bad disk and I become useless, I can't help but wonder thinking back in time how I screwed it up and for what reasons, then all I could think afterwards is what an idiot. Maybe that's why they say life is a lesson you learn it when you're through.

7 hours ago, KATOOM said:

They're claiming that all the burnt material is dangerous and must be cleaned up following hazmat guidelines.  You all know what that means...

:cookoo: you would think after few rain events when they actually get there it wouldn't matter, and nature will always heal itself.

• Like 4