• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

'The Boost Bus'

trreed

Recently made a purchase.  It is a 1996 E350 Club Wagon, complete with a forged rod 7.3L Power Stroke.  Buddy found this van on Craigslist for $1000 advertised as non-running, non driving, had a bad title, and no pictures.  But they guy responded.  So we headed to look at this thing, and found that it DID run, DID drive, DID have a clean title, and of course was nasty cause he was living out of it off and on (and it was $1000).  We talked the guy down to $600 and the Boost Bus was acquired.  Right now the rear seats and interior panels are completely stripped out, side doors don't work, only one rear door opens, and the lock cylinders in the front doors don't work so the lock is a padlock on the rear barn doors.

I want to lower it, put a tuner on it and take it down the drag strip at least once.  Eventually we want to put seats and a mini-bar in it.  Additional thoughts or ideas?

IMG_2274.JPG.2c9b18b391f7a462b74fe082ed1923fc.JPG

IMG_0909.jpg.1a0d20d11f2c805accae9ba4bcff5067.jpg

Of course, a $600 vehicle with 309k miles is not without issues.  Turbo needs a little help before any burnouts can take place. :(

IMG_0937.jpg.0610fc36ad9df04e9afe28aea851e552.jpg

Edited by trreed

Bought it off a hippie in Boulder.  Always for sale, for cheap!

20 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Where am I when these deals come around? Good purchase. My 95 PSD was the most trouble free vehicle I have owned.

This is the first deal I've come across like this, and I didn't even find it.

Edited by trreed
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BBHD said:

:lmao:I was going to guess Nederland...but Boulder totally fits!

It's the second diesel vehicle I've purchased out of Boulder... My pickup came from the north side of town.  This wonderful piece of engineering came from Pearl Street.  i'm surprised it was allowed to be that close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trreed said:

It's the second diesel vehicle I've purchased out of Boulder... My pickup came from the north side of town.  This wonderful piece of engineering came from Pearl Street.  i'm surprised it was allowed to be that close.

that's why the ad says it didn't drive.  They were scared to.  

• Haha 1

Got the turbo off for inspection and prepared for a rebuild.... only to find someone has had their grubby mitts on it recently (no surprise).  The good news is the turbo looks like it was recently rebuilt, and everything came apart easily.  The bad news is they didn't replace it with the correct, 'more desirable' turbo. Stock OBS turbo has a 1.15 A/R exhaust housing.  Stock van turbo had a 1.0 A/R housing.  We found the 1.15 housing.  Oh well.  No idea on what went through the turbo.  My guess is the PO was trying to fix it on the cheap and a shop goes "well, we got this used turbo laying around", not mentioning the wheel damage.  Oh, and it's reverse rotation, and the oil feed is up from the bottom, so swapping to a S366 or some variant is more challenging.

IMG_0987.jpg

Edited by trreed

It happens.  I'm lucky as the guy who I split this van with is friends with a couple 7.3 owners (he himself has one, so I'm the only Cummins guy around 4-5 7.3's :( ) and therefore we have access to plenty of secondhand parts.  We probably are gonna mess with the HPOP since the turbo is out anyways, to get *just that much more* flow to the injectors.  Maybe then it'll do a burnout!

Edited by trreed