• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog elec connection under hood

Where is a good location to install the elec connection for air dog?  

In pic... mine is secured by a zip tie and tucked under weatherstriping that goes across the cowl.  And not weather tight connection.  Certainly must be better spot.  

Also,is one battery better than other for connection?  

Thanks

20180903_193229.jpg.3c8748f8c77526093f35b0fa6ed7f5cf.jpg

• Staff
44 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Also,is one battery better than other for connection?  

You don't have to run the power from the battery you can tap into the PDC as shown in the article below,  You can also use an existing bolt or screw hole for both mounting the relay and a ground point.  

• Thanks 1

• Staff

W-T told me few things concerning this....

The Air Dog Raptor electric motors are extremely noisy in their ability to emit A/C ripple/ RF noise.

He says the Relay needs to be grounded to the firewall or mounted to sheet metal grounding.

I think he prefers power be taken off the batteries.

Another point made was to ground the electric motor housing in some way.

As per telehpone conversation

Edited by JAG1

11 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

W-T told me few things concerning this....

The Air Dog Raptor electric motors are extremely noisy in their ability to emit A/C ripple/ RF noise.

He says the Relay needs to be grounded to the firewall or mounted to sheet metal grounding.

I think he prefers power be taken off the batteries.

Another point made was to ground the electric motor housing in some way.

As per telehpone conversation

Thanks. But don't have raptor.    I have df100 or df 95?  Very good point though, many times the poster assumes the readers know what type of airdog is installed and there are many different types.  Could make a difference in answers.

(?? Like I assume your woodpeckers are "downey" woodpeckers. Only thing mine mess with is chimney cap)

• Like 1

• Staff

You are nice guy to point that out for me. I don't know what type wood peckers I think they like to peck on loud items to attract a mate. The louder the more attraction   :shrug: I'm guessing.

Aren't AirDod and Raptor the same electric motors? Just adapted to different style pumps? Thats what I've always thought anyway. I could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

You are nice guy to point that out for me. I don't know what type woo

11 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Aren't AirDod and Raptor the same electric motors? Just adapted to different style pumps? Thats what I've always thought anyway. I could be wrong

d peckers I think they like to peck on loud items to attract a mate. The louder the more attraction   :shrug: I'm guessing

Claiming territory for their own ?? unless you got insects in your ladder.

Airdog pumps...

I could tell one pump from another.  Other than the Have no idea if Raptors are different.  

CATCH THE PUN...Raptors such as eagles and hawks are in  different family than woodpeckers??

• Haha 1