• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

N5600- Fuller 8406 swap

Nope, only lurking on the forums from time to time:)

Just been too busy reverse engineering CCD bus in our truck, 

Like today I just figured out which digit of VIN number is responsible for ABS code 84 VIN mismatch ):

5th VIN Digit.   Vehicle Line
B - Ram - Wagon/Van, ASCII dec  66
C - Ram Cab Chassis/Ram Pickup 4x2,   ASCII dec 67
F - Ram Cab Chassis/Ram Pickup 4x4,  ASCII dec70
G - Dakota/Sport 4x4,  ASCII dec71
L - Dakota/Sport 4x2,  ASCII dec76
R - Durango 4x2,  ASCII dec 82
S - Durango 4x4,  ASCII dec83

Thanks to my special ABS fooler:)

IMG_20180912_230005874.jpg

Edited by Chris O.
  • Like 2

That's a nice build, I like the looks of the tranny. 

What is you thoughts on the 4 point engine/tranny mount? Automotive applications are usually a three point, due to frame flex. Do you think it might put excess stress on the engine block at the engine mounts? They are known to crack, especially the left side. 

The bellhousing adapter has mounts on either side to mount to frame, but those would be in way of front suspension, in fact I had to cut one off for exhaust to clear, and I installed some neoprene engine mount to help prevent flexing.

Am I reading your Ford description right, you have 2 stick set up?1718485744_Vincent134.jpg.77cacf12a504fc4e0615dce1e2ed3ea5.jpg

On 9/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, Chris O. said:

:lol:  Me too I also have Mitsubishi Starion 87

Want another?

5 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

Yes, but just local runs, it is too much work to drive, I prefer the simple 6 spd in the '01 and it has a lot more power and AC :)

Too much work to drive???   I drove 4x3, 4x4, 5x3, 5x4 then later 9, 10, 13, 15 and even 18 speeds.  Did the twin boxes for a living for maybe 5 years before I became a Firefighter but didn't seem like all that much work to me.  :shrug:  :lol3: Now the hours that's totally different deal there.  :cry::(  :badidea:

It was fun back in the day but after hauling logs for 25 years (mostly 2 sticks) and this Ford for 33 years, (installed the aux in '85) the 6 spd is just simple. Plus, like I said, it has more power and AC. I do miss the mellow growl of the Cummins with twin stacks tho…..

7 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

I drive by you (almost) every year for Christmas, My folks live in Mesa (half year)  Drop of 40 at Holbrook, then 377 over to Heber to Payson , Beautiful drive.

Yes, I really like the desert in the winter but they can have it in the summer. Where I live, everywhere I go is up hill and I live at 5800'. Mesa is about 1200' and the rim above Payson is almost 8,000' so you know what a round trip with a load is like.

For some reason I have never been in Nebraska. The closest is Clay Center, KS. I picked up a tub grinder there for my poop business.

0320171328_Burst01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like too say I know how drive a "straight stick" but i can't.

20180301_155115.jpg

20180302_145917.jpg

20180302_142948.jpg

49 minutes ago, NIsaacs said:

It was fun back in the day but after hauling logs for 25 years (mostly 2 sticks) and this Ford for 33 years, (installed the aux in '85) the 6 spd is just simple. Plus, like I said, it has more power and AC. I do miss the mellow growl of the Cummins with twin stacks tho…..

Yes, I really like the desert in the winter but they can have it in the summer. Where I live, everywhere I go is up hill and I live at 5800'. Mesa is about 1200' and the rim above Payson is almost 8,000' so you know what a round trip with a load is like.

For some reason I have never been in Nebraska. The closest is Clay Center, KS. I picked up a tub grinder there for my poop business.

0320171328_Burst01.jpg

This is what I like to haul,

017.jpg

054.jpg

It will look nicer with stacks

20180831_162514.jpg

• Like 1

What is that second gooseneck attached to? I don't see a dolly. I noticed at the start of your thread you haul stock trailers, do you still?

I hauled six, single axle bumper pull horse trailers one time for a big rodeo for prizes. I had one on the neck (I had a 7'x10' deck on it) 2 on the main deck and towed one. Then my wife towed 2 in tandem, but Arizona don't allow two bumper pulls as doubles so we had to sneak in the back way. I hauled her truck over, Madill, OK. to Snowflake, AZ. Even with the tires off, the one on the neck was so wind resistant I hardly ever used my exhaust brake, it pulled hard.

They take the doors off the front trailer, mount a goose neck ball w/ a big iron "v" bolted to the floor of the first trailer.  I know I got caught in AZ  on 93 , he asked about the port of entry at Topock, I told him sign said closed, he let me go cause I was only about 60 miles from delivering in Wickenburg. I want to get back doing it, that's the sole reason for putting time/money intro this.  Put me on a two lane highway, get in the big hole , Patriot on the satellite radio i'll drive all night.

5 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

Slickest trans I ever drove was a spicer 10 spd in a 76 KW with a cummins 350, back when 3406 425 cat and the Cummins 444 were the big engines.

Edited by Blueox01

5 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

0320171328_Burst01.jpg

The roads between Holbrook and Mesa are on my winter time escape route out of Colorado, usually hit up the Apache and Roosevelt lakes up around February or March. 

I know what you mean about the two stick  tranny’s, I used to use them in 70 and early 80 model Osh Kosh and FWD plow trucks and then add 5 more levers out of the floor board for plow controls and them old trucks would keep you awake all night, after a 12 hour shift you really felt like you done something, now days I spend about 1200 to 1500 miles week behind an 18 spd. over the Colorado passes, I never run out of gears, piece of cake lol. 

E969FAB4-95DD-4F72-A00F-3585AEDA4E0E.jpeg

First time I crossed 70 west of Denver, I thought I'd never stop climbing, running with other trucks with pallets on the floor of their trailers, told me the down hill was a cake walk, 43K of lambs swinging from the top of my trailer was a little bit different, that was still when a lot of the canyons were still under construction, late 80's

Edited by Blueox01

7 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

I was just givin' ya a shot.  :lmao:  Not many around that could drive twin sticks.  If you liked the twin stacked Cummins I drove a 275 gear grinder for awhile.  Although single stack it did sound good but at the time I didn't appreciate it as much as I do know when I hear one fired up at a truck show.  Wish I had that rig now.

0706181201b_Burst02.jpg

If you like the sound of an old 275 Cummins with the roots blower and back draft manifold, you will like this old IHC KB12. This old guy has about 20 acres of antiques, mostly trucks and dozers. The Gold King Mine, Jerome, AZ. it is built on the side of a mountain. Watch both video's, part one and two, awesome.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT073WNUwI...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UB4jxD1cEs

• Like 4