• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tubro NOT working, HOT EGT's!!! HELP!!!

• Owner

AH64ID is right... i would pull the Edge temporarily for a test to see if it effects the performance. If not then the VP44 is most likely shot. If the code comes right back after a short ride without the Edge box then the VP44 is for sure shot... As for the MAP sensor code I would reset the codes while the Edge is out of the truck and see if it returns after a short drive if so then the sensor is bad if not the Edge box is defective.

It sounds like the vp 44 is not keeping up with the demand of fuel. Might be a cracked diaphram in the VP, because sometimes it wil give you a decent reading at idle, then dropping in pressure as you go, thus sending your egts high.

<quote> In May my Edge took a dive, so I sent it in to get reflashed. </quote>Is it possible this caused the issue with the timing - and ultimately the vp44 failure ?? If thats what it is ? He mentions 17psi of fuel though ............. assuming this is all the time even back then :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

When buying a vp remember you get what you pay for.

Just what should I be paying for. I'm getting an SO from Diesel Performance by my in Spokane Wa., and I'm getting a Stealth Cover with it too... As I understand it... and SO with a Raptor 150 should be ok to supply my Edge Comp. What else is there?

from what i hear the pump in the first few month if there is no problems it should be fine....who made that up?hehe..i have not called them yet i but have seen in some peoples replys if they was asked a question that arkansas fuel injection has a life time warranty..if they do..they should be getting alot of business.

a lifetime warranty on a vp-44, i guess it would be the lifetime of the buisness and not the pump because they probably wont be around long.:cookoo:

I got one, they do man at least they did when i bought it. They count on people not keeping their trucks more than 2 or 3 years which is usually what most people do. I haven't had a problem with my afi pump yet. but if i do they said they will rebuild it while i wait, no more than a couple hours and it will be tested and calibrated. But for what it is worth, i dont know if they still offer the lifetime warranty...

from what i hear the pump in the first few month if there is no problems it should be fine....who made that up?hehe..i have not called them yet i but have seen in some peoples replys if they was asked a question that arkansas fuel injection has a life time warranty..if they do..they should be getting alot of business.

I got one, they do man at least they did when i bought it. They count on people not keeping their trucks more than 2 or 3 years which is usually what most people do. I haven't had a problem with my afi pump yet. but if i do they said they will rebuild it while i wait, no more than a couple hours and it will be tested and calibrated. But for what it is worth, i dont know if they still offer the lifetime warranty...

Aparently Arkansas Fuel Injection does NOT have lifetime warrenty, but only a 1 year warranty. I wrote them an email and this is what I got in retrun to the questions 1) How much are your VP pumps, 2) What is the warranty on those VP pumps. This is what she said in reply, (copy and paste) :smart:

The price is 1275.00 plus tax exchange with $400 core charge. 1 year warranty parts and labor. If you need any additional information please give us a call at 800-817-7709.

Thank You

STEPHANIE WILLIAMS

Musta changed their policy.

--- Update to the previous post...

It's been two years, it mighta been this place "Diesel Service Co Inc FT SMITH"..

WHAT i do know for sure is that I bought the vp44 in Ft. Smith, Arkansas bout 2 1/2 almost 3 years ago. either at afi in ft. smith or Diesel Service co... I will have to find that receipt, because I dont remember exactly i went with like 3 of my buddies and 4 chicks and got drunk later that day, so my memory is a little hazy... I do know for a fact that it was a liftetime warranty because I had heard about them from my buddy.

i might be a little late on this but recently had the p0237 code... cycling the key got me the 1963 code but autozone pulled the 0237. was just about to send my edge juice back in... but then i removed the module.. drove awhile with no change. (extreme dead pedal)just before sending it in i disconnected everything..... the data link, map sensor, power supply that connects into under hood fuse box and the turbo connection that taps into the in cab fuse box.then drove a bit like this and nothing happened... plugged in everything and it worked just fine so i never had to send anything back to edgethe 0216 code changes things for you but for anyone else maybe its a bad connection in the data link or map sensor connections... the data link does take a little to fully click together it seems