• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Impact Wrench Recommendation

Leaky88

• Staff

SFH :think: Does that mean 'Swing Freakin' Hard'? :lol:

I think I could do it next time :thumb1: Get the caps out first with a chisel used as a wedge to pry out right?

I've never even done a drive shaft u-joint.

Edited by JAG1

NO!!! i used the ball joint press against the cap and and the other side of the press around the yoke. SFH=small efing hammer. By that i mean I cranked down on the press as hard as I could  and then hit the end of the screw with a 16oz hammer and it moved. Then repeated until it popped out. Quite easy actually. Mike told me he uses his impact to do the same with his. When I do the rear drive shaft I am going to do the same and see how that works. The biggest thing you dont want to do is bend one of the ears of the yoke.

Sounds to me like I need to stop at your house on the way to Idaho and help with your u joints and then head to Idaho and get my head gasket done. 

I’ve never had trouble breaking things loose with my snapon air impact and it’s only a 3/8’s.

I have zero problem buying from HF but certain things I’ll shell out a bit more for, especially when good deals can be had on Craigslist and what not.