• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No more Dodge Sprinter Van

I see them around all the time. Very quiet and smooth sounding. Wonder what they get for mileage.

I own one, and if you did not put a ladder rack on the roof you could squeak out 25 MPG, we get in the low 20s with wind resistance, we have the original 5 cylinder inline version. The new versions have a V6 and can only get as high as 19 MPG. I would buy another one, and it does not have to have the Dodge logo on it, and agreed it is not a pretty looking van, but no one else offers any thing like it. Actually if it were available in the US at the time I bought my Freightliner I would have bought one of them instead. Makes me wonder what Dodge is going to do for a van, it is 2010 and so far they have not done a thing? :shrug:

That's some pretty good mileage! I think they look fine, I mean its a van, are you going to tell me there are really awesome looking vans out there :lmao: I kinda look at it as a 1 ton minivan lol. I would have no problem getting one if I had a business that needed one. I love the sound they make. You got any pics of the 5 cyl Flman?

That's some pretty good mileage! I think they look fine, I mean its a van, are you going to tell me there are really awesome looking vans out there :lmao: I kinda look at it as a 1 ton minivan lol. I would have no problem getting one if I had a business that needed one. I love the sound they make. You got any pics of the 5 cyl Flman?

It is an employee van, I never got all that enthusiastic to take pics, but I will find you some if I can?

Oh, yeah I know how that goes. Don't worry about it then.

ISX it just so happens to be your lucky day, and my unlucky day, the turbo hose going into the intake split, and my tech said the van had no power, it went into "limp home mode":pray: Any ways we taped it up and ordered a new hose, in the mean time I got the pics, Please don't ask for any more pics :yme: you jinxed me :nono:.post-10097-138698167409_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698167396_thumb.jpg

post-10097-138698167403_thumb.jpg

But now you know the intake tube is new! :lol: Ok I won't ask for any more. Looks easy enough to work on though. Thanks for the pics!

Yeah, lucky for us, it is the top tube with the foil tape on it. These vans are known for CAC hose and resonator leaks causing a limp mode. Actually there is a vendor that sells improved parts http://www.upscaleauto.com/sprinter_parts.htm BTW, I asked the Parts guy over the phone at Albany Dodge if Dodge was going to make a new van, and he said no.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...