• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hard to start

• Owner
1 hour ago, mountaindan said:

If I remove the fuel lines at the tank how much pressure would I be safe with applying to the lines back to the engine?

I would say stay safe at 20 PSI. Above that I can't tell you how much pressure it will take to blow the front seal out of the VP44 pump. Now if you capped the fuel line at the VP44 and then pressurize the line would be a different story. I would say then you can push it up to 40 PSI without damaging the plastic lines. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mountaindan said:

Filled the tank nose up hill and it still has the starting problem.  Notlimah what are my possible options, this is all new to me.

Since you’ve replaced everything upfront already it’s more then likely one of your connections at the top of the fuel module leaking or just some tiny leak you haven’t seen up on the fuel lines. Clean them really good, then with the truck running use a fresh paper towel and grab all possible leak areas is a good way to check for hard to see leaks.

What FASS system do you have?

7 hours ago, dripley said:

I have run mine for over 7 years with both returns and the pick up in the basket with out issue. Always been curuious what the fuel temp is at VP when tank gets low. Just not curious enough to do anything about it.

Temps go up but not horrible, can't remember exact number. Must not effect that much if you got 250k on current vp. 

5 hours ago, mountaindan said:

I have a FASS DDRP,  won't be able to look at it for a few days hopefully this rain will stop

I cant remember if that has the return ball and spring for pressure regulation, but if so that’d be worth replacing as it could not be holding as firmly as it once did and leaking.

Sounds good.

If I’m understanding your previous question I’d answer yes, but I know Eric would say otherwise based off the many talks we’ve had about this. I’ll leave it at that for now until we can take a look at yours and know for sure.

Edited by notlimah
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mountaindan said:

Does the fuel return line dump fuel to the top of the fuel module, or is there supposed to be a line to the bottom of the module?   (Vulcan draw straw)

It's supposed to go down as far as possible even on the factory basket, if it doesn't then the fuel will foam up and you'll be sucking in air

• Like 1