• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

new radio yaaay!

On 11/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm wanting to replace my Kenwood soon. I've got a wonderful MP3 player but I'd like to have Bluetooth.

mike for the price i am impressed with this radio, sounds good and is much louder than stock! (so you can hear over the engine haha)

but yeah i recommend this unit for the budget minded that wants only fm-am/usb/bluetooth no cd (mechless)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CG8N0H8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• Owner
2 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

mike for the price i am impressed with this radio, sounds good and is much louder than stock! (so you can hear over the engine haha)

but yeah i recommend this unit for the budget minded that wants only fm-am/usb/bluetooth no cd (mechless)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CG8N0H8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm shocked for $29 radio. Like what the heck passes there your mind...

On 11/23/2018 at 9:09 AM, ofelas said:

Did it come with the 1.5 DIN adapter plate & do the two factory plugs fit right in?

for our trucks i just got the scoche adapter kit from walmart and the connector kit.  i think both kits were less than $20

On 11/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

D'Oh! I must of needed more coffee.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm shocked for $29 radio. Like what the heck passes through your mind...

lol i still dont understand the question/comment, what  passes through my mind?     obviously its air.. nothing up there but empty space HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

I jumped in as well. Finally got cheap $39 China Made stereo that has bluetooth. It can play video files from micro SD card. Bluetooth music from your phone as well as picking up phone calls. Back up camera is included. I'm holding out on the camera for right now it just too cold to lay on the floor routing wires over a frozen frame full of ice and slush. Very small unit in size. No CD ability. Even comes with two remote controls. I'm going to try the steering wheel remote and see how it does. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLVWWG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tend to have all my MP3 file on my phone already and get all my new music from MP3Juices.cc

DSCF4540.JPG

DSCF4541.JPG

• Like 1

Hows the fit? Looks like there is a filler plate of sorts? You make that, buy it, or did it come with? $39 is pretty cheap. I drank that much already. Can an old phone with no service still be used to store and play music? Be gentle now, I'm one of those older guys that still has an LG flip phone with no plans to update, but newer BT phones can be had at yard sales cheap.

• Owner
1 hour ago, dripley said:

Hows the sound? 39 bucks is pretty darn cheap.

The sound is OK. Remember I'm using my old stock speakers yet. My Kenwood had more power but this is fine so far.

39 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Hows the fit? Looks like there is a filler plate of sorts? You make that, buy it, or did it come with?

Plate I've used for 3 different radios. I bought the filler plate years ago back at WalMart as a kit. More radio shops carry them.

Can an old phone with no service still be used to store and play music?

Why? Use a Micro SD card it holds much more for music. I'm going to try my thumb drive I've got a 256 GB one and the stereo has a USB slot.

Be gentle now, I'm one of those older guys that still has an LG flip phone with no plans to update, but newer BT phones can be had at yard sales cheap.

A newer smartphone won't do you much good being there is no service. Being that Oregon is a handsfree state and Idaho is going to be one soon. I might as well upgrade to use a normal smartphone for phone call without handling the phone. Using a use phone without service defeats the purpose of the bluetooth. 

If you want music only on this head unit just buy a Mirco SD card 256 GB for $20.

That one SD card will hold a total of 365 700-minute audio CD's.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

46 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Using a use phone without service defeats the purpose of the bluetooth. 

Mind elaborating? Going through the Quadzilla thread it's often suggested to just use an old phone. So you're saying a phone, not necessarily a smart phone, but a phone with BT can't be used unless the phone has service? I'd never talk or text while driving and like I said I have no plans on upgrading my flip phone. You said you have your music on the phone and I assumed you were transferring through BT. I was thinking of using an old phone for Quad and music. Again, must the phone have phone service for the BT to work? Sorry for the dumb question but like I said I know little about this new stuff.

Edited by dave110

• Owner
26 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Going through the Quadzilla thread it's often suggested to just use an old phone.

So you going to use a dead phone and fire up the Quadzilla. As for the CACA stereo no need for the phone. Just use a micro SD drive or USB thumb. 

You said you have your music on the phone and I assumed you were transferring through BT.

Yeah, I'm going to switch over to USB 256GB thumb drive. I've only got 32 GB of storage total on my phone. I've got it to automatically pair up on Bluetooth. USB thumb drive quicker and hold much more.

I'd never talk or text while driving and like I said I have no plans on upgrading my flip phone.

I've got another flip phone you can have I give it to you. :whistle:

Yeah... I've got to drive so much to take care of @MoparMom that I've got to have phone service. 13 hours a day, 39 hours a week I'm on the road. I'm looking at the safety factor. Talking on the phone through a stereo is kind of interesting works rather well.

Texting can be done by voice commands which I'm also known to do. "Send a message to..." and the phone automagically open the text message box and you speak your message. Tell it to "Send" and it is gone. Works really well. Never have to look down. When the reply comes then the phone automatically tells me "someone" is sending a message and it read over the stereo. 

Even tell Google to "Open iQuad" and the Quadzilla app opens and starts up. 

Days of holding your phone and pushing buttons are long gone. Everything can be done by voice commands. I will admit sometimes Google can be a bit frustrating where you try and try and it refuses to understand the word that is coming out of your mouth. Duh?!

Edited by Mopar1973Man

30 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So you going to use a dead phone and fire up the Quadzilla. 

Days of holding your phone and pushing buttons are long gone. 

I don't know. That's what I'm asking. It was often mentioned as a viable option. Now I don't know if it is or not. Is it?

Not for me son, not for me :wink:

Edited by dave110

• Owner
6 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

i have a 128gb iphone that has about 50gb music on it i also can stream when i want.

I just got to upgrade my micro SD card I can do 256 GB or 400 GB. Be aware some older phones have limits on how big of SD card they will address (both Apple and Android).

After playing with both. The USB thumb drive is the winner. All the remote controls work correctly. Random and repeat work correctly. Track forward and track backwards is correct as well. MP3 track information is displayed. 

On Bluetooth mode, the forward track and reverse track hang up or pick up the phone. Bluetooth only displays phone controls.

Dummy me, I forgot to plug in the antenna. :doh: