• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New ecm, no power at all

3 minutes ago, Boondockboost said:

My intentions were to call them Tommorow about the problem, I tried to start it but it didnt get the fuel it needed to fire off so as of now ive yet to hear it run with the ecm

Did you open the fuel system at all?

2 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Got you covered.

EDIT

You're on fire tonight @dripley. Beat me out by a silly second.

My proof reads need improvement.

18 minutes ago, Boondockboost said:

My intentions were to call them Tommorow about the problem, I tried to start it but it didnt get the fuel it needed to fire off so as of now ive yet to hear it run with the ecm

Did you open the fuel system at all?

3 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

But from my understanding if the lift pump isnt cycling wouldnt there be no fuel to the lines anyway?

At key the onthe ECM will bump the lift pump for a small prime, a second or so. If you bump the starter, no engine start,  the LP will run for 20 seconds or so.

Is your WTS light coming on at key on?

5 minutes ago, Boondockboost said:

Ahhh okay I see, yes I get wts and I had the lift pump kick on when I first tried to start woth new ecm but wouldnt come on after that 

So if you bump the starter, no engine start, and leave the key on, the LP does not run for that 20 or so seconds?

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

You need to check for power at the pig tail across the 2 pins in the connector. Bump the starter and see if you have power at the connector. If you do your LP is bad, if not it is in the ECM. Hopefully the rebuilder will stand behind their warranty.

Well got home and started to mess around with it a little. Noticed the relay plug had power so i figured must be a bad relay, swapped it out and the pump kicked on! Yippie! Except i noticed the wires at the relay plug started smoking, took a closer look at the old relay and noticed it was black. Obviously a problem there. I traced the wire that was smoking from the relay and it goes into a harness by the starter so I'm assuming it goes to the ecm? I was hoping my electrical problem was solved considering i dont know my way around wires at all. 

Mind you this raptor lift pump has been on the truck 4 years and never had an issue with wires smoking. 

Could the ecm be supplying to much power?