• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front axle centering.

10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Last time I spoke with Ryan at blue top he told me if it needs adjusted just get a new one, because by adjusting the top screw only makes it feel better and doesn't fix the problem and only will get worse. I still adjusted mine about 3/4 in, it did help. Next time I'll get a new box from him. 

Thats my plan. When is the question.

• Owner
8 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Brand new Napa box

Even my Bluetop steering box needed a bit of tweak to take up slack in the gearbox brand new. I called Bluetop and asked Ryan about the slack. Even though they test everything out there is no way to load test box like in an actual steering condition so the sector adjustment typically is close but not tight enough for most. 

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Even my Bluetop steering box needed a bit of tweak to take up slack in the gearbox brand new. I called Bluetop and asked Ryan about the slack. Even though they test everything out there is no way to load test box like in an actual steering condition so the sector adjustment typically is close but not tight enough for most. 

I’m going to try to crank down that screw a bit today. Also how can I keep my track bar from walking around down theyre. I tightened the bolt to an unreal torque but it still walks just a tiny bit. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m going to try to crank down that screw a bit today. Also how can I keep my track bar from walking around down theyre. I tightened the bolt to an unreal torque but it still walks just a tiny bit. 

First I got to ask is the rubber all oily and greasy? Is the rubber soft and mushy holding the sway bar? If any of these are true then the bar might slide back and forth no matter how much you torque the fasteners. You might be forced to replace the rubber sway bar holders. At the same time fix the source of the oil leak. Engine oil is great at making rubber stuff mushy over time. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

First I got to ask is the rubber all oily and greasy? Is the rubber soft and mushy holding the sway bar? If any of these are true then the bar might slide back and forth no matter how much you torque the fasteners. You might be forced to replace the rubber sway bar holders. At the same time fix the source of the oil leak. Engine oil is great at making rubber stuff mushy over time. 

They’re is no oil on the track bar bushing. I have one new in box at the shop I might grow in and see if that helps. Yep my vacuum pump still leaks after inresealed it.

• Owner
1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

They’re is no oil on the track bar bushing. I have one new in box at the shop I might grow in and see if that helps. Yep my vacuum pump still leaks after inresealed it.

Sway bar... Not track bar. 

Vacuum pump did you install the shaft seal the right way? If you reverse the seal it will leak.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sway bar... Not track bar. 

Vacuum pump did you install the shaft seal the right way? If you reverse the seal it will leak.

Sway bar does have some greas and oil. I can’t remember I’m go My tonhave to buy a whole new reseal kit and do it over. Like we said were both getting nickeled and dimed lately haha. Argh. I still wouldn’t trade my truck for nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I guess my Napa box got rebuilt by an apprentice or something becuase I have like half a turn of the wheel both ways free play.... 

I think you found steering wander. Mine only has a couple inches it will wander if you let it.

• 2 months later...

A little late to the party, but I have the same thing after getting a new track bar from O'Reillys. The track bar they gave me I want to say was longer than the one i took off. Went to napa to compare theirs, same thing. 

I know it's off center because I get a lot of dirty water from the road kicked up on my passenger side window compared to drivers side( noticeably cleaner.)

Been like this a few years, no lift on truck, no oversized tires, and my tires are wearing fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Tires will wear fine. 

Mines a 1/8 to a 1/4 to passenger side to. Drives me nuts. I'll adjust it then itl ve to the driver side. Lol

My set ups alittle different. 

Sorry shes so dirty

7/8 heims on both ends left and right hand threaded.

This tighted the truck up alot.  Have a couple inches of length adjustment. 

Next mod will be 08.5 + steering this is the factory steering upgrade for 03 to 2011 truck

I decided against fabbing the steering.

My lower track bar was loose and cause the bolt to oval the holes. I drilled to 5/8"

IMG_20180623_151131_050.jpg

• Like 1