• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PATC transmission torqueconverters

I'm building two 47RH transmissions and I need converters for them. But, I don't know which brand of converter to go with.

Has anyone had experience with or know anyone who has had experience with PATC transmission converters?  https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/8dxx-with-steel-stator-option/

They have a buy one, get one for half off special they have been running.

A triple disc, billet cover, aluminum stator would be $1,000 each. Or I could go with Goerend for $1,050. Ultimate transmission has a triple disc for $1,200. A local small business by the name of Torque Converter Works also has a triple for $1,200. Torque converter Works uses a Sonnax stator, piston and cover.

So, is Patc any good, or should I go with another Converter builder?

Thank you for your time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff
On 4/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, dripley said:

@Dynamic would know. Me, I know nothing about torque convertors other than my 6 speed dont need one. 

Hey, you don't have to constantly flaunt it :punish:or I'll ban you from automatic trans threads :thumb1: ...... And then there be hardly anything to read with your coffee :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAG1 said:

Hey, you don't have to constantly flaunt it :punish:or I'll ban you from automatic trans threads :thumb1: ...... And then there be hardly anything to read with your coffee :tongue:

I spent 14.5 months working around DC and now I am in Atlanta. Traffic here and there slows to the point you cant idle in first gear without over taking folks. On top of that the drive home thru SC has about 60 miles of road construction. My left leg is taking a beating with that crap. Those days an auto would be a blessing.

Told the wife I would buy a new one if she would drive it. She says "I ain't driving a stick." I told her it would be auto in a new one. She seemed a bit better on that smiled a bit. Sure was tempting at that moment.

• Like 1