• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty s03 today :)

Mopar man what are you talking about.

You did a performance tune based on your already established economy tune.

I have no problems tapping g the pump

I'll get 9ne of those nifty pump covers.

If I can do all this tunning on my phone im game

I haven't had a real live  computer for years.

Can the cheaper not iquad be programmed with a phone?

I honestly could care less about engine load and efficiency. I just want to yank horses and equipment around. And not have a wierd Power curve.  I'd like to cap myself at 400 maybe slightly under 400.

Ohh I wanna run cool. I now know it can run cooler well at least not pegging 1500 everytime I tow a grade.

I crossed a scale today at 9400lb just to see.. actually thought i was just over 10. That's my light weight.

I'm just rambling trying to talk myself out of buying a quad for now

• Owner
10 hours ago, Evan said:

Can the cheaper not iquad be programmed with a phone?

No.

10 hours ago, Evan said:

You did a performance tune based on your already established economy tune.

Yes. I've learned that your timing table really doesn't change a lot from tune to tune. If it's already efficient just clone by export and import as a new name. Now the only thing I had to change was load base timing adding more retard so to build boost in low throttle conditions.

10 hours ago, Evan said:

I honestly could care less about engine load and efficiency. I just want to yank horses and equipment around. And not have a wierd Power curve.  I'd like to cap myself at 400 maybe slightly under 400.

Quadzilla and stock injectors will be right close to that. (Flywheel power)

10 hours ago, Evan said:

Ohh I wanna run cool. I now know it can run cooler well at least not pegging 1500 everytime I tow a grade.

Already got that with the towing tune I've whipped up. EGT's are much lower with the amount of timing I'm running but there is more to it. The fact I'm running (7 x 0.010) @ 320 bar injectors that means my injection event is late, then more fuel needs more timing on the top end. Producing enough power that I've got to scale back the fuel on the CANBus being it can tear the tires loose with RV in tow. EGT's are very controllable too. Only, trouble is you would have to build your own timing table fitting what you got. 

EGT's can be controlled by altering the fuel table you can set the EGT backdown limit for 1250 to 1300F and then make a hard pull loaded and see what it measures for backdown. The you can figure out the point of boost you need from that point make the fuel table minus the back down amount. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Been on sw9 tm5 t3 d5 

Came from sw6 same settings I think maybe it pulls harder down low but not sure

Planning to go another few days and drop to sw3 same settings and see if I notice a difference. 

20 hours ago, Evan said:

Been on sw9 tm5 t3 d5 

Came from sw6 same settings I think maybe it pulls harder down low but not sure

Planning to go another few days and drop to sw3 same settings and see if I notice a difference. 

When you use the 3 Revo settings the SW catcher you pick does not matter because you are using Revo.

That's what I believe to but not everyone feels the same.

Sw# with revo settings does not matter.

Only torque timing and duration mater. When changing settings from default sw# settings. 

However I did think that sw# 6 compared to 9 did feel different but then I'm not sure. If its different it's way less noticable than comparing tm5 to tm6.

Yeah. 

My but dyno isnt sure theres a change between sw# or just tourge, time duration numbers.

That's why I'm going to drop to sw3 and see 

Though I'm towing today so I'll drop timming back to 2 so it's a screwy day for but dyno runs.

Sold my superchips f4 today. Guy that bought it took it for a test drive and loved it right away.    now if I get rid of the smarty I'd be able to just about afford the quad.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what your pop pressure is on your injectors.

I still find SW5, TM4, T3, D4 to be my best tune settings. Runs like a raped ape to me, and with the 320 bar injectors its about smoke free.

EDIT, My 1,000th post!

Edited by pepsi71ocean
  • Like 1

I'm running sw7 empty sw6 towing. Both on d5 the rest default finding I cant tell much difference between 6 and 7.  Not in smoke mileage or power measured by the but dyno.

Pretty sure default sw6 tm is 4 and sw7 is 5..

You got my curiosity up. Pulled off the freeway. Gona put it on 8 and leave it there for awhile

I'm definitely not smoke free . Might be because I have sac style injectors even without programmer shes alittle smokey

Sw8 loaded getting back on free way

Edited by Evan

• Owner

All the Smarty does is ramp up the APPS value to reach 100% fuel sooner that's all. Where it comes up short is being able to run SW9 and then shape the lead in fueling to taper back below 100% to control smoke. Then you would have you max fuel but since you can't the only thing you can do is cut fuel completely back by running lower SW number.

• Like 1

I think sw8 is smoking least of all the tunes I've tried so far. It should be max fueling that smarty is capable of.  Itl go black then instantly clear up. 7 sustains smoke much longer I think 6 smokes less. Hmmm no timming advance smoke less.

I'm not smart enough for this smarty

I was wrong about 8 smoking less. It smokes as much if not more than the rest. 47re is shifting alittle sooner but still in the range I like. Going to leave it here for a tank. I've been getting right at 500 miles on 27-28gal of fuel by right at I mean few miles over. I always rd down on everything that costs money. And rd up on things that pull in money. That way you expect to pay more but you earn more, make since.

Ohhh I have speed limit set at 85 i passed a car that was riding my blind spot. And was doing over 90. Not sure if it went over because i haven't recalibrated to 32" tire or speed limiter just doesnt work..

Smoke is there but manageable. A faint haze most the time and black when on it. I got on it from a stop to merge with eagle rd traffic broke tires loose fir aways. Truck is pretty quick. For being heavy. Can feel it lift the front up alittle when leaving a light alittle harder than normal.

Not noticing any weird power curve. I think before on odd settings or any setting with timming I was noticing were it maxes timing. 

No added time throttle is smoother, feels more liner not noticing a change or dead stop

An hx40 would clean up smoke but be laggy compared to the hy35? This hy35 spools quick.

I think I'm kicked off after this reply so I'll see you all at the circus tomorrow have a good night

• 2 weeks later...

I ran sw8 all last rank. Towed for quite abit and got 13.999 mpg. Dropped back sw6 I like how it feels .

I'm towing to much to be changing timing all the time.

I noticed if I bump speed on freeway 5mp up. Cruise psi drops to a solid 5psi. Hoping that equates to better mpg

9 hours ago, Evan said:

I ran sw8 all last rank. Towed for quite abit and got 13.999 mpg. Dropped back sw6 I like how it feels .

I'm towing to much to be changing timing all the time.

I noticed if I bump speed on freeway 5mp up. Cruise psi drops to a solid 5psi. Hoping that equates to better mpg

I need to know what timing your running on that SW#. Changing from 6 to 8 or 5 and 7 makes a huge difference imo.

Default no timing.

I think I like 6 most because of how the tranny feels there, cant tell much if any difference with timing added timing om 4 though does feel weird.

Just tired of changing numbers and seeing no change. Just gona drive it set how I like sw6 no timing d5

I am happy with it it's making more power off idle. Truck actually makes more power then I need. Smokes timing added or not. Sac injectors maybe?

I have that bd manifold, maybe I should get hx40, some 5" pipe and do what I like doing, weld up a 5" down pipe to tie into my 5 " exhaust.

Might put head studs in to. Turbo may clean things up but also may push power more into head more into stud area.

Back to tinkering with exhaust. Looks more finished now. Hits ground instead of car beside me .

2019-06-20_08-01-30

Edited by Evan

Change your timing to 4 and SW on 5. You should see a huge change with spool-up. SW5 and SW6 are the same fueling curve but #6 uses stock timing unlike 5 which uses smarty timing.

Smoke control for me was huge with that. I'm trying to help dial you in bud.

I don't think you need your duration so high, i don't run mine that high either.

I've ran 5 with all timming sets and factory timming.  To me fuel curve down low seems different than 6

Timming at 4  makes a weird power curve hard to explain. 

I've had a weird whistle since adding the quad boost fooler. Wondering if I have a boost look. I get a weird whining whistle from drivers side of motor under light boost just over 10 psi that turns into a screaming whine at 30psi. I dont seem to be down on boost it makes 30 easy and 35 pulling well did make 35 I haven't got on it hard enough to see 35 in awhile. 

Wondering if a small boost leak could cause smoke and weird power curve with added timing. I wont have time to dig into the possible leak until the weekend sometime. Ahead of my truck is a 12v that we haven't figured out why the fuel solenoid is intermittent.

I haven't been in any other 24v to know if mine is whining like its leaking or just moving air. I think leak since it seems to be on the driver side away from the turbo and filter.

I'm happy running sw6 for now. Just like how it feels down low. I think it's the only catcher setting running tourqe at 4 sw5 I think has tourqe at 3. To me it feels like that. 

I may try sw5 I dont care for changing timming or tm #s in revo settings. I'l like being able quickly drop timming if I'm hooked to a trailer. I've forgot to drop timming few times while towing pretty heavy. That's mostly why I decided to just run sw6 with factory timing

Sw 8&9 tm6   

sw7tm5

sw6tm4     

sw5&4 tm3 

I could be wrong on these fiel curves. To me it makes since that smarty has a different curve on 6 and 7. If they had the same curve one fuel map would be skipped. May be why I keep ending up back on sw6

Not sure what sw2 is timing 4 with I think.

Thanks for helping you got me thinking on this again