• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Ideas for Change...

• Staff

Fix the unread content issue. I know you think it’s how they designed it, but their forum doesn’t work like this. 

I’ll be honest. I rarely come to the site anymore simply because of this issue. It makes searching new threads a PITA unless your doing it hourly. 

You want more people and repeat customers, then make it easier to search new content. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 2

• Owner
58 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Fix the unread content issue. I know you think it’s how they designed it, but their forum doesn’t work like this. 

I’ll be honest. I rarely come to the site anymore simply because of this issue. It makes searching new threads a PITA unless your doing it hourly. 

You want more people and repeat customers, then make it easier to search new content. 

My 5th support ticket for this and most likely go nowhere. 

screencapture-mopar1973man-discover-unread-2019-05-09-07_02_58.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

If were going to discuss bugs...

I haven't tried the search function recently but in months prior I use chrome for most everything and I can search one thing with no problems but if that initial search doesn't yield the results I'm looking for and I try to search again it would give me an error message with that broken down truck picture. I'll try it again here and see if I notice anything in particular. But I'm sure that would be a deterrent for some of the users.

Edit-

Yea just tried it. Error code 1C205/3. Searched hx35 no problem. Searched hx35 hybrid no problem. Searched injectors and got an error message. And that's from the same initial search window I just updated the text I was searching.

As far as the described tiered member system I'm in agreement with what you show. The numbers look good it's cheap and the flexibility of monthly or yearly would be nice. And like you wrote even a 1.99 if you got enough people at that rate you'll profit. I guess also in a sense you could try playing with the ad count for free members giving more ads to make the paid member more appealing while also hopefully earning a bit more from ads. But that's a tricky game as far as what's too many for one person would be bearable for another. I'm very guilty of using an ad blocker on everything but I had no problem turning it off for this site. 

Edited by 2000Ram2500
Searched

• Owner
3 hours ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

Yea just tried it. Error code 1C205/3. Searched hx35 no problem. Searched hx35 hybrid no problem. Searched injectors and got an error message. And that's from the same initial search window I just updated the text I was searching.

Can't reproduce. The problem has to reproduce and so I can produce the same error for the software techs. Tried twice with all 3 terms.

Screenshot from 2019-05-09 11-19-32.png

• Owner
50 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

When I use my lap top I get a small easy to overlook banner to donate, when I use my cell phone I don't get any banner.  Maybe passing up some money?    Or being its a computer...my error?

If we switch to the subscription based system the donations will most likely be removed and given up. As soon as I get done tackling hosting company on this email blacklist problem I'll move on to writing up what the subscription-based system will be all about.

6 hours ago, AH64ID said:

From the techs at Invision... @AH64ID

@kzimmer

Hello.

There's no provision in the All Activity stream options to just show the "last post".

But if you set it to "Content items only", that would show only one entry and clicking would take them to the last unread post, if the "Clicking Unread Items" setting is set to "Take me to the first unread comment " .

Regards,

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Invison Power Board 3.4.x was that way...

That was given up YEARS AGO. This is Invision Power Board 4.4.3. Lot has changed since Invision Power Board 3.4.x. There was a lot of people that whined about losing certain functions. Activity stream was one of those that people are mixed bag on. The activity stream list all posts, threads, downloads, etc in the stream of time. So if 5 people reply to "X thread in a row" there will be 5 listings of the 5  different post in the placement of time.

Another example if you have a person post on X thread, the person post on Y thread, The another on X thread. No, it should list X, Y, X threads in the order of time. No, if you skip reading X thread and go to Y first and read it. When you return it will be X, X in order. This list can get very long of all one thread if you do this. But its the activity stream in order of TIME and when you last read a post. That is how it works.

Again as the tech informed me the Activity Stream is correct.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Go to the invision help forum. It’s different than this forum! It works the way we want it to. So either they are running the older version of their own software, they don’t understand the question, or it’s a simple setting change and that’s why they aren’t helping. 

You should bring up the difference in their website and this one... which in theory should be the same software. 

FWIW I am set to “content items only” and it doesn’t work like they are saying. 

They need to come visit us here and see the differences. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Can't reproduce. The problem has to reproduce and so I can produce the same error for the software techs. Tried twice with all 3 terms.

Screenshot from 2019-05-09 11-19-32.png

That's so strange.. it happens to me on chrome on my desktop at work and chrome on my phone. I'll try signing in on internet explorer and see if I have any issues it might be a chrome thing.

Back to the task at hand the subscription layout looks good to me. Obviously descriptions will be necessary but you said you'll be working on those.

• Owner

This website is fully HTML5 and CSS3 coded. Go to https://html5test.com/ and see how your browser scores. I'm running Google Chrome and got a score of 535 out of 555. This is another reason why I don't see a lot of stuff I'm completely compliant with the requirements of the website. 

YOUR BROWSER SCORES 535 OUT OF 555 POINTS

Mike,

I think all you need to tell IPS is that we would like the unread content to be condensed into 1 list item per topic rather than 1 list item per post within said topic.

This is not a bug by any sense of the word, but it is a nice feature.  people may disagree, but being in the software word it makes sense from a developers point of view....not so much from a users.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Thing is I don't see it... That why it's so hard for me to explain the problem. This why I asked you to ask about it is you can produce the problem I really don't see.

Just went to IPS... Working like it does here in order of time.

Screenshot from 2019-05-09 13-51-00.png

Just went back to their forum and it worked like this website until I logged in. Once I logged it it works just as I described.... 

It has to be a setting issue. My settings are the same on this site and that site, which makes me think it’s not an individual setting. 

B2DAE9F5-2E87-436B-80DB-987E2E21501A.png

656EAC1B-1D7C-48E7-BA9C-145AFFAE7CAF.png

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

• Owner
Just now, Me78569 said:

Mike,

I think all you need to tell IPS is that we would like the unread content to be condensed into 1 list item per topic rather than 1 list item per post within said topic.

This is not a bug by any sense of the word, but it is a nice feature.  people may disagree, but being in the software word it makes sense from a developers point of view....not so much from a users.

Are you willing to chase this because I've submitted a ton of support tickets and can't explain the problem.