• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No wayyyyyy !!!!

JOHNFAK

I thought he was gone - for sure ................. like to see the attempted insurance claim on that one the sea- it just came out of nowhere and "got me" In an attempt to put on a little thread-related I'll ask a q Any1 ever taken their cummins 4x4 in pure sand ?? Like beach ?? I have only ever taken light 4x4's on sand backm in australia - like jeeps and rav4's - they work well - never tried it with a 9000lb truck ........ but i see some people doing it with a a tow weight also ........ wow

i find my truck sinks like a brick in loose stuff so i no longer take it off road. the only great advantage of my 4x4 is shear pulling power in low range i've pulled a school bus out the ditch on the side of the road and recently ripped a chrysler sebring in half that was high centered on a fire hydrant, ripped the bumper and front facia smooth off the front of that car.:lmao:

I got buried in dry sand out here in Idaho... Never got crazy enough to try wet sand

You have dry sand in Idaho ? I thought it was basically potato crops or icy mountains - :lmao2:

i find my truck sinks like a brick in loose stuff so i no longer take it off road\

Yeah - thats kinda what I thought - but they have some chevy's out there doing it ...... although sometimes it takes 3 of them in a chain to pull the last one out :tease: Get my truck back this week :woot: ........ hope she's all good :) Then I gotta get my tranny cooler bracketed/welded in sometime in next couple weeks and connect it up Clean her down and polish (bought a HD orbital polisher) Respray the front cattle/bullbar Replace front bumper(plastic) Clean interior (wet/dry vac) And then we are on the road - everglades(FL) and new orleans in OCT ...... then start making our way WEST
ISX we need to catch up :) Beer.

i've driven mine in sugar sand and sand in fla and nj on the job site. sinks like a brick in 2wd no problem in 4wd on michilene ltx's. the jobsites are pretty flat and the dry sand is much worse than wet sand. thats from rainfall not an ocean.

I am still thining of adding a posi-lok to the girl ...... only cause my actuator/CAD thing is a bit hit an miss - think its just the actuator that sits on the vacuum line on transfer case. Still - once I add the tranny cooler - not sure how much 4x4 I will be doing - still if she can handle the soft sand ok even with the tires down a little - then I can access a few places and not worry too much aprt from carrying a spare and compressor Just seems a shame to have a 4x4 and not use it all that often : )

• 1 month later...

My ex FIL used to pull dummies out of the surf... before they got washed out to sea. By the time he got there with heavy equipment & unloaded the bulldozer they was in deep doo-doo. He would not take plastic or IOUs & AAA just laughed... CASH ONLY or let the truck swim. He responded as a favor for the State Police... & SP were not apt to suffer fools lightly. FIL's sons HATED it because they always lost the next day's work power washing & regreasing the grit out of the machine before it ground up the tracks.

My ex FIL used to pull dummies out of the surf... before they got washed out to sea. By the time he got there with heavy equipment & unloaded the bulldozer they was in deep doo-doo. He would not take plastic or IOUs & AAA just laughed... CASH ONLY or let the truck swim. He responded as a favor for the State Police... & SP were not apt to suffer fools lightly. FIL's sons HATED it because they always lost the next day's work power washing & regreasing the grit out of the machine before it ground up the tracks.

wow - thats full on - good business though if he can get it - and fair enough - gotta have his guys clean down the equipment thoroughly as well as his time/running expenses.

• 2 months later...

Ex FIL didn't charge enough to cover the clean up. He was one of the Fire Chiefs locally & he did it mainly because the State Police asked. He wasn't being mean by requiring Payment in Cash. He already knew that AAA would not pay for voluntarily driving onto the beach. Checks & plastic can be stop ordered.

my buddy buried his truck doing stuff like the movies.....94 GMC 2500 with 350 V8. he drove toward the lake and was going to fish tail it around, put the rears in the water and sling a little water. the whole thing just sank...had some strangers not shown up with beer and a come-a-long the truck would have still been in the water when the park ranger strolled by :whistle: