• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well am I really surprised! No.Ok now I will tell you.I wrote email to chevron company asking their opinion on adding two cycle oil to my truck for lubrication.The response was: In our opinion never add oil to diesel fuel to lubricate your injecion pump!Use injector cleaner!What! injector cleaner in my fuel! I don't think so!Well I guess they have idiots working everywhere:banghead:

No fuel company would EVER tell you to use something that is not EPA certified. Not even if it works. Not even if it's better. Just read the fuel pumps for Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel Fuel. "Required for vehicles after XYZ year, recommended for all." They don't care is ULSD has less lubricity. They don't CARE if your VP44 goes South. They're not paying! It's my truck. I am paying. Naturally, I feel a bit different about this issue. Russ

• Staff

Not true. Go to a Cummins shop and you'll find them selling their own private label fuel additives. Cummins started recommending, and selling, additives in about 2005. -Chuck

Very true, and I was caught in something I tell people not to do.. I should have said Dodge, as Cummins legally can't do anything with our motor once Dodge buys it.. But even still I doubt Cummins says that IS? or QS? needs additives to function properly, they are simply stating we make our own if you want to use them, but nothing bad will happen if you don't. Dodge does not recommend fuel additives for use in any of their motors, even this day on the VP44 trucks. This may be a biased question, but would you run Amsoil or Fleetguard additives if you weren't an Amsoil dealer? I have often considered Fleetguard additives, but I too am an Amsoil dealer and have much easier access to Amsoil products.

Very true, and I was caught in something I tell people not to do.. I should have said Dodge, as Cummins legally can't do anything with our motor once Dodge buys it.. But even still I doubt Cummins says that IS? or QS? needs additives to function properly, they are simply stating we make our own if you want to use them, but nothing bad will happen if you don't. Dodge does not recommend fuel additives for use in any of their motors, even this day on the VP44 trucks. This may be a biased question, but would you run Amsoil or Fleetguard additives if you weren't an Amsoil dealer? I have often considered Fleetguard additives, but I too am an Amsoil dealer and have much easier access to Amsoil products.

Before I became an AMSOIL Dealer, I ran Power Service every tank. I became a big believer in additives, especially anti-gel, back in the mid-90s when my PowerStroke gelled up and left me stranded. Never had that problem again now that I run an additive. When I became an AMSOIL Dealer, I kept my dealer status with Power Service (still have it, actually). But after I, and a number of my Power Service customers tried the AMSOIL Diesel Concentrate, we all ditched Power Service and all run AMSOIL additives now. -Chuck