• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey guys, someone posted this on the cummins forum and I wanted to let ya'll know about it too if you hadnt already seen it there. I know Mike has the original scangauge and I believe this works the same way but its cheaper. I was close to ordering a scangauge but went ahead and got one of these. They are on sale through Sunday, I havnt got mine yet but will let ya know how it works (if it works on these Jap cars) when I get it. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

• Owner

Suppose to work with all OBDII vehicles... But being Dodge Cummins with twin computers make it rather tough on the SGII I'm sure there is the same limitations with Ultra Gauge... But 2 things I don't see UltaGuage having... 1. Being able to send data to the OBDII port 2. Being able to program your own gauge from the Mode 6 list.

I went to the page, it won't work on my dodge truck, it's not listed

The mod of the forum said that if your gauge isnt listed its just because nobody with your year truck hasnt ordered one yet or somethin like that.

Suppose to work with all OBDII vehicles... But being Dodge Cummins with twin computers make it rather tough on the SGII I'm sure there is the same limitations with Ultra Gauge... But 2 things I don't see UltaGuage having... 1. Being able to send data to the OBDII port 2. Being able to program your own gauge from the Mode 6 list.

What do you mean by sending data to the OBDII port Mike? One guy on the cummins forum recieved his already and I believe he said it supported 43 gauges in his common rail. I ordered 1 for me and 1 for my granpa and his should be there monday, If he can figure out how to work it I will let ya'll know what he thinks.

• Owner

Yes you can send data to the ECM or PCM and get a response from the computer. Take a look at some of the other gauges... http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf Coding manual... http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGaugeCoding.pdf Then I just got the Chrysler Mode 6 pages for all the gasser vehicles from 96 to 09... Sad part is I'm still short the Cummins stuff yet... :rolleyes:

• Owner

Well go to this link and look at their product, and tell me how to hook it up to the fuel pressure. http://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Only 10% of todays vehicle have a fuel pressure sender... The only things that Ultra Gauge can report is what is already presently hooked up to the ECM/PCM of the truck there is no way to add a fuel pressure sender to the ECM.

• Owner

The SGII does have FPR (Fuel PRessure) gauge but it not use on any of the Cummins engine as far as I know... It comes back to the simple thing of does the engine have the sensor? Does the the ECM/PCM have software for the sensor?

About 10% of vehicles provide Fuel Pressure (FPR).

http://www.scangauge.com/support/CompatibleVehicles.shtml

Well the gauge came in this week and is pretty cool. I havent got the chance to try it on my cummins yet but it works on the japanese honda mini van i have been driving here. It supports 34 gauges on it but I avent had the chance to play with it to much. I believe it was well worth the $39 price tag. I will let you know when and how it works on the cummins.

Well the gauge came in this week and is pretty cool. I havent got the chance to try it on my cummins yet but it works on the japanese honda mini van i have been driving here. It supports 34 gauges on it but I avent had the chance to play with it to much. I believe it was well worth the $39 price tag. I will let you know when and how it works on the cummins.

I missed the sale $69 now I'll wait maybe it will go on sale again. I see you are on the rock I was there 72-74 at Kadeana (sp.)

• Staff

I'd be interested to see how they hold up.. I am on my 3rd warranty replacement from SG.

--- Update to the previous post...

As far as rail pressure from the research I have done only the 06+ trucks can display this thru OBDII style codes.

Fuel mileage is horribly inacurate with any OBDII reader on a HPCR as the gauges use LOD to determine the fuel rate.. but the HPCR uses load as FCA %age, so its not a very accurate representation of mileage. The only time I can calibrate mine and make it accurate is when I am towing heavy on the hwy for multiple tanks.. Put any idling or easy driving in there and its way off. The FCA can be fully closed and still meet the demands of the rail, but the gauges think your burning 0 fuel, thus getting 9999+ MPG's.

With the updated Smarty software for K01 my LOD is more consistent and accurate, but still shows 0 LOD and 9999 MPG at real light throttle.

This place is definatly the rock and were on kadena too. Im trying to escape like Clint Eastwood and get back home.:thumbup2:

My wife and I would like to come back and visit someday, we had the best French fries at an A&W near a Hilton hotel can't remember exactly where though. Have some good memories oldest daughter turned two there. I wonder how much it has changed since we where there?

Theres an A&W at the foster px now. When we first got here, we went to the aquarium up north and stopped at an A&W up there. We tried to order from the menu over the intercom but they didnt understand so they sent a girl out to take our order. While we where waiting a little local national boy went way out of his way to come look at us through the drivers side window of our car. A little later his sister did the same thing. They acted like they never saw white people before.:lmao:

• 4 weeks later...

Got my ultra gauge hooked up in the 98 this morning. Just after it did its initial scanning, a trouble code pops up and I think, hmm what could this be? I havent drivin the truck in a year and before I ever get it on the road I see 0216:cry:. I cleared it cranked the truck up and put about 60 miles on it without a problem so I dont know whats up. I checked several times and it never came back but after about 30 minutes of driving, the ultra gauge goes off again and I think its 0216 again but it was just the 1693, I cleared it and it came back alomst imediatly but still no 0216.:pray: I hooked up my tq convertor switch and it worked fine for a few minutes then just unlocked by itself and then it wouldnt shift to 1 so I parked it and unhooked the switch and then all was good.:cookoo: All in all my first day back was good.:woot: