• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2019 clean air act

CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• Owner
On 9/28/2019 at 11:59 PM, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

I do place blame on all the idiots that rolled coal for so many years and youtubing it and literally shining the sun on us diesel owners as a spotlight for the people and those with "power" to stand up and say enough, and now the laws are being enforced hardcore because of it.

Still got a rash of guys out there still dumb as a post and poor tuning rolling coal. I find at least 2 or 3 per trip that roll a huge coal over me just to show off. I just shake my head and think what an idiot. Most of them still listening to the stupid information that Edge Juice is the only tuner. Of course they have added huge injector to a tuner without timing adjustments. Edge Juice happens to be really good at rolling coal just like my old Edge Comp does too. The one that I can talk to I try to educate them and some do and other think I'm nuts that its impossible to have clean horsepower. If its not rolling coal its not working. 

And this is why I changed the poop pressure on my truck. The higher pop pressure, combined with my years of tuning experience with the smarty have given me a truck that runs almost as clean as stock. And as a result I've already passed several snap tests. Yes do the gauges on a piler Target me, yes, but so does the black soot on the back corner of the truck before I got it turned. 

The smarty can clean up, but you can't do it with regular  bar popped injectors.

Rolling coal here in Jersey is definitely an excuse to get pulled over anymore.

They smoked a bit pre Comp and more adding it. A bit out of control right now do to boost that I will find when this jobs done and get home for a couple weeks. No coal rolling by any means but much more than I like to see and not just off idle. Having to control it with my right foot for now. That sucks too.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, dripley said:

I dont like the smoke mine puts the rv 275's and comp right now. Never have understood the coal rolling. But I dont kind the dust it stirs up while passing the the left lane riders while in the right lane. Thats kind of fun.

Raise your pop pressure you won't be disappointed! It helps with spool up tremendously.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, 015point9 said:

I want to be smoke-free...

how much do you think those rv275 are making smoke?  Or mostly the comp?

Slightly larger injectors without programming will always cause smoke. Because the timing needs to be adjusted for the difference. In this case You can compensate for the difference by raising pop pressure or adding timing. The advantage of raising pop pressure is that you loose some of that turbo lag.

5 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Raise your pop pressure you won't be disappointed! It helps with spool up tremendously.

Slightly larger injectors without programming will always cause smoke. Because the timing needs to be adjusted for the difference. In this case You can compensate for the difference by raising pop pressure or adding timing. The advantage of raising pop pressure is that you loose some of that turbo lag.

Reread my post and some of smoke issues are due to a boost leak also though I typed it badly. But even before it was smokier than I like. If all goes well a Quad and some new injectors will be in my early next years future. No more smoke.