• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2019 clean air act

CUMMINSDIESELPWR

Place in town where I'm at gets old lease trucks from up in the oil fields in Canada Alberta I think. Every one of them has a Brand New barrel looking thing, like a pony keg.  I think DPF.  but I wonder why they put a new one on, when they bring from canada to us?

• Staff

While it has been illegal to delete, or modify, emissions equipment and engine output since ALWAYS... it is now being enforced at a whole new level, and deleted trucks are being targeted. This new targeting is supposed to include "for offroad use".. so we'll have to see how it plays out. 

Just want to point out the most of the mods done to most of these trucks are non in emissions compliance, it's just difficult to enforce as I am only aware of states testing for opacity and visual checks. It's very possible to have lower opacity than stock and more NOx. 

I see a new wave of emissions intact tunes becoming more prevalent. 

Deleted trucks are the easiest to enforce emissions laws on, as they have large visual changes. 

• Owner
7 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

my truck is stock aside from the edge juice attitude

Violation... Your altering the fuel and timing of the emissions software. Just like all of use using tuners. This is why all tuners are stated for OFF ROAD use only for track and racing. So all of running a tuner are illegal, delete tuner same deal illegal. This is one feature of Quadzilla I love I can close out the Quadzilla and shut the screen off and none the wiser when law enforcement looks in your vehicle. No tuner hanging in the window (Edge Juice) or on the dash (Edge Comp). 

7 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

and straight piped from the turbo back.

Depending on the the state this can be a violation too being the exhaust system is covered under the guidelines to and being its be altered. 

I'm in the same boat. No laws out here but remember if you travel to another town, county, state, etc. and a cop wants to give you grief they could. Even if you emit a small amount of smoke they could now pull you over to inspect your truck. Adams, Co. Idaho has no smog control. But now Canyon County and Ada County both do have smog control and testing. Just depends of the mood of law enforcement.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

i guess i need to find a state with no inspection laws and gun friendly if i ever move, i dont mind a muffler being on as long as it flows the same as a 4” and a new dpf that flows well.  the juice is getting aged and i can hide the entire unit if i wanted within the firewall or dash as i rarely mess with it. but i may upgrade to quadzilla and run wifi to the phone for monitoring. one day when i have money that is

our trucks with just dpf’s and mufflers just jumped in value?

gotta be wary of theft now

doing more research the 98.5-02 5.9 had no cats nor dpf’s only a resonator and muffler. the vp44 met epa standards on its own at the time.

ill just get a muffler put on one day.

i did have some ahole cop pull me over for some smoke in utah that i didnt realize i did, the cam sensor went out, that was my excuse. he argued with me that my truck came with a cat from factory and i told him to call the local stealership...    half hour later he said fix the truck and gave me a warning. he knew i was correct after the dealer told him it didnt come with a cat...

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1

This is what I hate to read about. How on earth can any cop know all the emissions laws when the so called federal law varies by counties within a state? And then claim to know what equipment came on a truck that was manufactured when they were still in elementary school? Ahole cop is the key word here.

• Staff
2 hours ago, dave110 said:

This is what I hate to read about. How on earth can any cop know all the emissions laws when the so called federal law varies by counties within a state? And then claim to know what equipment came on a truck that was manufactured when they were still in elementary school? Ahole cop is the key word here.

Federal law doesn’t vary by counties within a state, it’s federal.

State laws on testing my vary by county, but that has no effect on federal law. Idaho emissions testing varies by county, but I haven’t found anything that shows any different laws on modification by county... just state and federal statues. 

The cop was likely an ahole, but we need to know the laws as well as they do to be able to accurately argue them. 

Edited by AH64ID

I know what your'e saying, and I don't disagree. But the way my mind works is that it's a federal law then every state in the federation should have the same standards across the board. They don't. Here in the state of the highest fuel taxes in the nation gas vehicles get an OBD2 emission test in my county. To the east and west of us they get sniffed. To the north of us it's just a visual to make sure they're not running open headers. Diesel vehicles however are exempt state wide and the other day I saw a guy running a hood stack. That's a lot of variation for a law that's supposed to be a federally enforced law. God help us when Elizabeth Warren gets in office.

• Staff

On 9/26/2019 at 12:35 AM, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

i did have some ahole cop pull me over for some smoke in utah that i didnt realize i did,

In 1977 I was driving a 1968 Camaro home to fix a leaking head gasket with steam coming out of the pipe.  About a half mile from home, where I was going to pull the heads, I get pulled over by the CHP.   He said I was putting out excessive smoke.  After 10 minutes of telling him the difference I convinced him it was steam and not smoke.   Cops only know, like the rest of use, what they've been taught.           

13 hours ago, dave110 said:

God help us when Elizabeth Warren gets in office.

Who said she was going to be elected. 

thKRRORA95.jpg.2073c9adeab667e480b3d6bd89f8b093.jpg

• Sad 1

• Staff

Its high time the government had a recession until they pay their bills off....It high time they get laid off and have to live on all they saved, like we did so many times during recessions and get back under a budget the people can afford.  If they stopped borrowing right now they would go bankrupt. :duh:

• Thanks 1

with any federal agency there is no consistency. and police will use any bullying intimidation tactic they can to justify a made up law or their own ignorance of a law they know nothing about or whatever it takes to get that revenue. Police stations are a business and the more money they bring in the happier they are, this mindset is what made me realize that doing stupid stuff was just contributing to their revenue.

I refuse to be part of their revenue stream now and have not had a ticket since 2007.

but i dont want this thread to be a police bashing thread, just discussion on the new rules and actual enforcement on laws already in place.  ive been reading it really has to deal with the new diesels that have DEF systems and people literally deleting them and removing the regen/DEF fault from the software in the vehicle.  I do place blame on all the idiots that rolled coal for so many years and youtubing it and literally shining the sun on us diesel owners as a spotlight for the people and those with "power" to stand up and say enough, and now the laws are being enforced hardcore because of it.

how do we get people to stop rolling coal? fine them for removing and altering stuff on their vehicles and force them to make it OEM again and now no more coal rolling. 

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Its high time the government had a recession until they pay their bills off....It high time they get laid off and have to live on all they saved, like we did so many times during recessions and get back under a budget the people can afford.  If they stopped borrowing right now they would go bankrupt. :duh:

its high time the government got replaced with people that arent bought and paid for, that have no agenda aside from upholding the constitution and freedom, abolishing the FED of which prints money out of thin air and is not a part of the government (fed reserve is a private financial institution)

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1

• Staff
6 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

with any federal agency there is no consistency. and police will use any bullying intimidation tactic they can to justify a made up law or their own ignorance of a law they know nothing about or whatever it takes to get that revenue. Police stations are a business and the more money they bring in the happier they are, this mindset is what made me realize that doing stupid stuff was just contributing to their revenue.

I refuse to be part of their revenue stream now and have not had a ticket since 2007.

but i dont want this thread to be a police bashing thread, just discussion on the new rules and actual enforcement on laws already in place.  ive been reading it really has to deal with the new diesels that have DEF systems and people literally deleting them and removing the regen/DEF fault from the software in the vehicle.  I do place blame on all the idiots that rolled coal for so many years and youtubing it and literally shining the sun on us diesel owners as a spotlight for the people and those with "power" to stand up and say enough, and now the laws are being enforced hardcore because of it.

how do we get people to stop rolling coal? fine them for removing and altering stuff on their vehicles and force them to make it OEM again and now no more coal rolling. 

its high time the government got replaced with people that arent bought and paid for, that have no agenda aside from upholding the constitution and freedom, abolishing the FED of which prints money out of thin air and is not a part of the government (fed reserve is a private financial institution)

Yes. It is hard to fathom what is really going on in this country. If they didn't have a way to charge interest on the printed paper wouldn't we have runaway inflation and an extremely devalued Dollar?

I just grew 29 ears....

10 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

Well said. I have all the respect in the world for our police force. But there's always those few power abusers that give them all a bad name. Like the one self proclaimed DOT cop we had. He decided to do a trailer detail one spring when everybody was hauling mulch. EVERY trailer big and small got pulled over and checked. Trouble was he used the drive in front of the fire house as his checkpoint and the trucks couldn't get out :cookoo:. He was the one that usually wore the swat team uniform.

This applies to all diesels from 12 valves all the way till brand new it is technically a federal crime to adjust timing on a 12 valve same with deleting a DPF they view it the same ppei got a 8 digit fine over this it's targeted at all trucks and cars if we lay down and get ran over now it's the end of Motorsports look up the diesel podcast on YouTube all info is there EPA is watching all socal media I wonder if there here also