• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No fuel at injectors. Please help!

Ok I'm really hoping I am not going to be in the market for an injection pump. Recently my truck started cutting out under moderate to heavy acceleration. Cruising at about 30% load on my quadzilla readout it seemed ok but if I got into it, it would run ok for a few seconds and slowly die down to 38%. Just before it quit running it would drop slowly until it got to about 10%. I stopped at a store and when I came out it wouldn't start. All through this the reading from the tps matched the reading on the quadzilla so I don't think it's dead pedal. After having it towed home and doing some digging I find I'm not getting fuel at the injectors. I have power at the vp plug, and I'm getting fuel from my fass pump. Another thing I noticed, whether it's relevant or not I don't know, but when I bump the starter and listen to the pump it sounds like it builds pressure and then sounds like it's not making pressure. Is it possible the fuel pressure regulator in the vp itself is not working? Please any suggestions!

Edited by Scottfunk

All 6 lines do not squirt out fuel at all? When cranking even my vp44, and several others I've changed have always puttered out fuel when cranking. I'm thinking it's either a seized rotor head, or you have a bad VP.

Have you tried to run the VP and had it idle with the plug hot wired?

• Like 1