• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stuck open injector?

So this morning I started the truck and drove to class and everything was normal. Get out of class 2hrs later and go to start the truck and as soon as I do I know something isn’t right. Truck had a miss and. Is smoking white haze pretty bad. Whole engine is shaking and engine is missing sounds like. No knocking or anything like that. Injectors are only a year old. What would cause it to just go bad while sitting for a couple hours? Had the truck towed to my apt and am going to swap in my stock injectors once I get time (currently pouring cold rain) and hopefully that fixes the issue 

You could fire it up and crack injectors itl run rougher each time you crack a line.

You may find one that doesn't make it run rough when you crack the line. That way you can pinpoint wich injector it is. If it's an injector ? Take it to shop that does injector work and have it checked out.

This is the same as pulling a spark plug cable off the plug to figure out wich cylinder is missing on a gas motor. The one already missing wont cause any miss when you pull the plug cable off the spark plug.

11 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Fuel pressure?

Have fuel pressure and oil pressure. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Could of been a nozzle that cracked. Pintle needle stuck open. 

In any case send them off to be pop tested is the right thing to do.

That’s what I’m hoping. This injectors are only maybe a year old. Going to try and figure out which cylinder is dead and take that injector out and clean it first to see if that does anything. 

15 hours ago, Evan said:

You could fire it up and crack injectors itl run rougher each time you crack a line.

You may find one that doesn't make it run rough when you crack the line. That way you can pinpoint wich injector it is. If it's an injector ? Take it to shop that does injector work and have it checked out.

This is the same as pulling a spark plug cable off the plug to figure out wich cylinder is missing on a gas motor. The one already missing wont cause any miss when you pull the plug cable off the spark plug.

Yup I plan on doing this once it stops raining. 

Pulled valve cover this morning. #1 cylinder rocker arm but appears to have backed off and and wasn’t doing anything consequently. Going to find someone with a feeler gauge and do valve lash and should be good to go! I’m just happy it’s on #1 so it won’t be too bad but I’ll more than likely go through and do them all since I’m in here.