• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buying a Quad soon

No, that's not right. You might want to check inside the quad to make sure the map sensor jumper is right for your year of truck. There's instructions floating around here on how to do that, and it might even be included in the installation manual.

Definitely a common part to fail. I've had two fail in probably 30,000 km or less. The first one that failed just wouldn't output anything, was always zero PSI. The second one also shorted the 5v supply and I lost my oil pressure reading. Cheap crap... I have no idea on what brands they were. 

Shopping for a Cummins sensor this evening. Best price I've found is about $90. Have a buddy that works for Cummins so I'll hit him up tomorrow.

Finally broke 13 mpg. Got 13.308 on the last tank. Surprised me because there were a few days of 85-90mph interstate runs in there and 3 days of 15 minute warm-up.

• Owner

Long time ago I was fighting a Edge Comp problem. I replaced the MAP sensor and didn't fix the problem. To this day I still got both MAP sensors and both still working as designed. 

10 hours ago, Gregturley said:

Finally broke 13 mpg. Got 13.308 on the last tank. Surprised me because there were a few days of 85-90mph interstate runs in there and 3 days of 15 minute warm-up.

Still even those days I can still bat out 18 MPG but I'm limited to 80 MPH with my tire and gear ratio which lands at 2,500 RPMs.

I'm still baffled at just a mere 13 MPG. That what I get dragging my 8,000 pound RV that is 31 foot long. That just gives you an idea of the amount of drag you are fighting.