• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

After report on VP install

@dripley, thanks for the follow up.   It is nice to hear the details (the good and the bad) after a repair job is completed.  I bet it feels good to have a good performing truck again.  And it's quieter.  That doesn't happen very often.

I just towed my tractor to Baker City and I now have over 241,000 miles on the VP44.  I am going to continue to run it until I see or feel a performance problem.  Hopefully, it won't leave me stranded.

You did leave out one detail, however.  You did not tell us what else you use your head for if it is not just a place to put your hat.  The details are important.

- John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tractorman said:

You did leave out one detail, however.  You did not tell us what else you use your head for if it is not just a place to put your hat.  The details are important.

- John

Well there was a about an hour that used it for a cave, a deep, dark and empty cave.

4 hours ago, Tractorman said:

I just towed my tractor to Baker City and I now have over 241,000 miles on the VP44.  I am going to continue to run it until I see or feel a performance problem.  Hopefully, it won't leave me stranded.

I got a little warning on mine a couple weeks prior to failure. It started having hard starting issues like it was loosing prime, but at weird intervals. Never checked for codes until the idle started messing up. 2 days later I was stranded. Thats the first time in the last 250k miles the truck left stranded that I could not fix it with off the shelf parts and keep moving.

• Like 1

If I had carried an extra VP with me then I would have lost the $600 core charge since I dont have a spare core to send in. Fortunately the company I work for picked up the rental truck and half the motel bill since I was there for work and a meeting. That took most of the sting out of the cost.

• Staff

I've hung on to my core when the core charge was a lot less. So I may make some money on it someday :shrug:. I like having one around that's not all beat up from being rebuilt 50 times :lol3: I think someday it will be handy that I hung onto it having 2 VP trucks.

• Like 1

This is good to hear because that's where I had already planned to get mine when it goes out...if it ever does go out.  The Fuel Boss has been keeping it fat and happy.  DAP did me right on my injectors and stainless 5". 

@dripley Did you notice any power increase in addition to the smoother and quieter running? 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...