• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seat covers

Just now, dripley said:

I am not the expert on this sure but is my understanding that the torque converter has to stay locked while the ebrake is in use or you damge things.

The PAC break computer ties in to the PCM and automatically locks the converter when it turns on. Unless I have it turned  off when moving above 25mph as soon as I let off the throttle it activates and locks the converter. It’s made quit the difference in stopping  just driving the truck unloaded around town. 

14 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

The PAC break computer ties in to the PCM and automatically locks the converter when it turns on. Unless I have it turned  off when moving above 25mph as soon as I let off the throttle it activates and locks the converter. It’s made quit the difference in stopping  just driving the truck unloaded around town. 

Well it seems you have it covered. You will like it. I gross about 23k with my 5th wheel and am able to come down I40 out of Black Mtn on a 6 mile 6% grade in 4th turning about 2500 rpm and only use my service brakes maybe a half dozen times breifly where steepens to 7%. Not fast but safe.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

Hey @Threadzy, any update on these?  Are you still happy with them?  Did they arrive in a timely manner?  I have a notification that the seller is on vacation and to allow some extra time for shipping?  I still have them in my cart and was going to pull the trigger on them.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=342b0e4372bdc5e01596143749_Screenshot2020-02-27at7_30_15AM.png.9714bd72d430fcf3e273b0d3c1edadad.png

Still very happy. They haven’t moved around at all. I want to say I got them in a week or less. I’ll take another picture later today and post it up. I need to replace the drivers seat belt. Cheapest I’ve been able to find is factory for $250. Not looking forward to tearing the seat apart. 

Just now, hdpwipmonkey said:

Thanks for the update.  I think I might get them.

I had to take the handles off the back of the seats to get them on. The outside of the seat back is strong Velcro. So you’ll be pulling while sticking the Velcro together. It’s a tight fit. Be careful if you’re pulling from the back. I made the mistake of pulling on the map pocket and it tore partially. Not the cover just the stitching that holds the pocket on. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I also like me that center console. Could you get into more detail on the install or maybe start another thread on the install? I'd like to have cup holders up there. With a manual trans they're on the floor and very inconvenient.

:offtopic:

I put one of these in.  My trucks not a manual so not sure on the clearance but it don't go out over the seat.  This one's a little on the expensive side but you can find them in the 30s and 40s on Amazon if you search.

:backtotopic:

11 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I also like me that center console. Could you get into more detail on the install or maybe start another thread on the install? I'd like to have cup holders up there. With a manual trans they're on the floor and very inconvenient.

Instead of bolts like the original center console has. It uses studs. Width wise it’s the same on the mounting. Length wise it’s longer. The rear studs slide right into the factory mounting holes. I just used nuts and washers for the rear. On the front end the metal framing on the center consul I could’ve just drilled a hole in and mounted it with bolts and nuts . As you can see in the pictures. I kind of did an overkill with it. I paid $200 for mine on eBay. It must’ve been out of a wrecked  brand new truck. Because it was in excellent condition. It still had the plastic film over the chrome handle. They have some on sale on eBay right now starting at around $250 all the way up to $700. If you’re patient you can find them pretty cheap. I put one in my brother-in-law’s truck and we got it for about $200 as well. I still need to hook up power to it so I can use the USB charger inside of it. If you needed more room upfront you could just use the front mounting studs from the front factory mounting. It’s just going to be closer to the backseat. You’ll just basically reverse the mounting that I did. 

ADBDB2B3-7495-4BDA-B82A-03AE3B8B5367.jpeg

128ED55E-A211-4CDC-BB7B-6152AC54F28D.jpeg

A496F8DF-F1C5-4404-934B-C86B925F9CC0.jpeg

My seat covers came in today :woot:

Couple of issues... The color in person don't look as bright as it did in the pics on Ebay.  I was hoping they would of matched my trucks paint color better (you can see the difference in the pics below).  I had debated on returning them and getting a different color but I thought "let me just slip this one over the passenger seat and see what it looks like..."  Unfortunately while doing that I pulled too hard in the wrong place and... RIP!  Well, I guess I am keeping them now...  So be careful if trying to match color.  They aren't as bright as they are in the pics on Ebay.  Also, be careful where you pull on them.  Some spots I was pulling with all I had and they held up but this one ripped where the seatbelt goes through.  Don't pull there!  Another issue that I think @Threadzy mentioned.  The openings for the seatbelts don't line up perfectly so they don't self retract anymore but to be honest they barely did before.   I am going to let them sit and stretch a little then snug them up again in a week.  The passenger side one isn't quite on there very good...

The quality and fitment is pretty darn good but are they $140 dollars good?  I think so but time will tell...  Pictures below for your viewing pleasure!

IMG_20200304_173526.jpg

IMG_20200304_173524.jpg

IMG_20200304_173521.jpg

IMG_20200304_173516.jpg

IMG_20200304_173513.jpg

IMG_20200304_173510.jpg

IMG_20200304_173504.jpg

IMG_20200304_173455.jpg

IMG_20200304_173451.jpg

IMG_20200304_173439.jpg

Yes, blue is my favorite color in case you couldn't tell...

Edited by hdpwipmonkey
  • Like 1