• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Adjusting tune for new injectors

So, I need a little help dialing this tune in, got new upgrades so now she needs to be fine tuned again. My mods are head studs, 100 hp injectors, 62/65/12 turbo, AFE intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, airdog 2 4g 200 gph ( paid like $100 for it so couldn't turn it down haha), 3rd gen stockers on 275/70r18s, and it's got a 3.55 rear gear. I'm getting a bucking/hopping feeling at cruise state and I've tried to tune it out but cannot for the life of me figure it out, any input is more than welcome.alsoi uploaded my current tune

Screenshot_20200313-084426.png

Screenshot_20200313-084512.png

Screenshot_20200313-084505.png

Screenshot_20200313-084452.png

Screenshot_20200313-084446.png

Screenshot_20200313-084439.png

Screenshot_20200313-084433.png

• Owner

Starting from bottom up.

Boost scaling is correct.

Pump low boost Scale push that up to 10 PSI you don't need wire tap as low as 2 PSI.

Minimum pump tap fueling set that for ZERO %

TPS Min is OK

TPS Max OK

Wire tap fuel 1,600 is OK.

Cant see light throttle timing - 3* (this will get you to 19* at 2k)

Low pressure timing reduct set for 5* (50% scaling makes this actual 2.5*)

Reduct scaling 50% (This will get you back to advance timing quicker.)

Max load offset 1* is good for empty truck but loaded you might need 2 or 3*

Max on the timing should be brought down some. This is not what most think. This is the max you can get while in cruise state. You can force the Quad to dump cruise state when twisting high RPM's. 

11 minutes ago, BrokeAssPainter said:

I'm getting a bucking/hopping feeling at cruise state and I've tried to tune it out but cannot for the life of me figure it out, any input is more than welcome.alsoi uploaded my current tune

What RPM is it hopping at?

My truck liked more timing at 2k than you have.  I would bump your 2k timing to 18-19* and see what happens. 

When it hoppes what engine load are you at?   That will tell us if the quad is in cruise state timing or if it is using performance timing,

• Like 1

When it leaves cruise to performance timing.... So like between 27% (limit is 30) to about 35% give or take

It doesn't mind the higher timing, I think I'm just nervous because of the timing rattle that increases with the timing advance at cruise. It's not too bad but being my first diesel to tune and coming from a gasser, the rattle always gets me lol

Let it knock lol.   My truck rattled pretty dang good, but it like to sit at 20* of timing at 65 mph under light load.

Vp's knock, like it's their job.

i'd adjust timing to be 

1500: 14

2000:18

2500: 24

3000: 27

max30

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 1:27 PM, Me78569 said:

Let it knock lol.   My truck rattled pretty dang good, but it like to sit at 20* of timing at 65 mph under light load.

Vp's knock, like it's their job.

i'd adjust timing to be 

1500: 14

2000:18

2500: 24

3000: 27

max30

That's funny because I bought a mid injector tune I think it was yours actually but anyways 14 and 18 is what I set it at before I came to check hog traps lol didn't drive long enough after I changed it to give any feedback right now but when I leave if I remember, I'll post up. I'll switch the last 3 maxes also, but earlier I noticed that pretty much no matter what I changed, I still have this damn..... Idk if it's a hop because if half a$$ feels like a fuel miss or something at the same time. So in not exactly sure what to call it but either you or Mike once said that too much timing would be like hitting rumble strips and it's not that violent

• Owner

Mine only bucks bad about 30 MPH in 4th gear. Every time I went through Council, ID the speed limit is 30 MPH and the engine load is super low but RPM wise I'm right there at 1,200 to 1,300 RPM's and it bucks pretty good. Anything that brings RPM down that low tend to make it happen. 

I could downshift one but running 3rd gear at 30 MPH is like 2,200 to 2,300 RPMs for me. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man