• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Had to change things up a bit when my used Hx35 showed up rusted as **** and the wastegate diagram was toast. Was going to be a 62/64/12.  Everything new now. 62/67/12. Will be assembling tomorrow and hopefully installing it. 

20D39CF2-A74F-4B42-8889-4FF675B17BEC.jpeg

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I see you got an oring machined for compressor housing, good idea. I couldn't get mine to seal until I used some light coat of rvt.

Should be a good turbo for you, I'm enjoying mine :thumb1:

I’ve read your posts about your turbo specs so I knew I couldn’t go wrong! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gipperkid said:

@ThreadzyHappen to have a list a parts you bought? And a list of the machine work turbo lab did? I may just want to do this as well.

Just specify what compressor wheel you’re using and they’ll mill the bearing housing out to fit. 

0F0B2AAF-7018-493B-ADB2-D9670C6A1A52.jpeg

5FD13BEA-C673-46F3-8A51-D59C3972A9AF.jpeg

520EAC25-585B-42FB-A094-12C1F4A75D7B.jpeg

C62E1494-5492-4E3B-AD0B-385EB3F19A61.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I heard mixed reviews about them a while back, hopefully they got better over the years. 

Hopefully! Time will tell. I’ll keep everyone updated. 

• Like 1

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

4 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

Well sheet! Is this going to ruin my turbo? Should I pull the cartridge back out and have it all balanced? Or will I only get 50,000 miles out of it instead of 100,000? Was yours off by much? 

Edited by Threadzy

TBH, id have the shop balance them as i described only because the turbo is going to work at 30-40 psi or more.

If you planned to use it on a gas car at lower boost (25 psi or so) then i wouldnt worry about it.

Just my opinion above..... who knows, it might last a LONG time the way it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

That does seem pretty pricey. I’m in the process of talking with Turbo lab directly about a balanced rotating assembly. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ive found that the big name diesel shops usually over charge for some of the bigger items (turbos as an example).

1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

That does seem pretty pricey. I’m in the process of talking with Turbo lab directly about a balanced rotating assembly. 

Did you end up running yours as is, or what's the plan?

2 hours ago, gimmie11s said:

Ive found that the big name diesel shops usually over charge for some of the bigger items (turbos as an example).

Did you end up running yours as is, or what's the plan?

Yes it was already put in. Not going to put the Hx35 back  in. I’ll just purchase another BALANCED rotating assembly. It’s my work truck can’t be down. I can pull the cartridge pretty quick and swap assemblies. I learn things the hard way! 😂 at least the next person can learn from my mistakes 🤪

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gimmie11s said:

I apologize for not mentioning that part of all this sooner.  Truth is, you'll probably be fine with it how it is.

No worries! It’s all good! I’m extremely happy with it!