• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Hx35/40 hybrid build

Had to change things up a bit when my used Hx35 showed up rusted as **** and the wastegate diagram was toast. Was going to be a 62/64/12.  Everything new now. 62/67/12. Will be assembling tomorrow and hopefully installing it. 

20D39CF2-A74F-4B42-8889-4FF675B17BEC.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I see you got an oring machined for compressor housing, good idea. I couldn't get mine to seal until I used some light coat of rvt.

Should be a good turbo for you, I'm enjoying mine :thumb1:

I’ve read your posts about your turbo specs so I knew I couldn’t go wrong! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gipperkid said:

@ThreadzyHappen to have a list a parts you bought? And a list of the machine work turbo lab did? I may just want to do this as well.

Just specify what compressor wheel you’re using and they’ll mill the bearing housing out to fit. 

0F0B2AAF-7018-493B-ADB2-D9670C6A1A52.jpeg

5FD13BEA-C673-46F3-8A51-D59C3972A9AF.jpeg

520EAC25-585B-42FB-A094-12C1F4A75D7B.jpeg

C62E1494-5492-4E3B-AD0B-385EB3F19A61.jpeg

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

4 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

28 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

Well sheet! Is this going to ruin my turbo? Should I pull the cartridge back out and have it all balanced? Or will I only get 50,000 miles out of it instead of 100,000? Was yours off by much? 

Edited by Threadzy

TBH, id have the shop balance them as i described only because the turbo is going to work at 30-40 psi or more.

If you planned to use it on a gas car at lower boost (25 psi or so) then i wouldnt worry about it.

Just my opinion above..... who knows, it might last a LONG time the way it is.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

That does seem pretty pricey. I’m in the process of talking with Turbo lab directly about a balanced rotating assembly.