Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Recommended Posts

Had to change things up a bit when my used Hx35 showed up rusted as **** and the wastegate diagram was toast. Was going to be a 62/64/12.  Everything new now. 62/67/12. Will be assembling tomorrow and hopefully installing it. 

20D39CF2-A74F-4B42-8889-4FF675B17BEC.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I see you got an oring machined for compressor housing, good idea. I couldn't get mine to seal until I used some light coat of rvt.

Should be a good turbo for you, I'm enjoying mine :thumb1:

I’ve read your posts about your turbo specs so I knew I couldn’t go wrong! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

She’s like a rocket ship now! My son was driving I told him to get on it a little bit. Didn’t have enough hose to hook the waste gate up yet so there’s a little bark at the end. Sorry about the glare. 

27777A57-7AA1-4C39-A42E-B509BFA1F141.jpeg

00106350-1FB2-4161-9DCA-5D274CDB6026.jpeg

5399E9E6-2E11-478D-8B04-EF7F8C2E7E6E.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gipperkid said:

@ThreadzyHappen to have a list a parts you bought? And a list of the machine work turbo lab did? I may just want to do this as well.

Just specify what compressor wheel you’re using and they’ll mill the bearing housing out to fit. 

0F0B2AAF-7018-493B-ADB2-D9670C6A1A52.jpeg

5FD13BEA-C673-46F3-8A51-D59C3972A9AF.jpeg

520EAC25-585B-42FB-A094-12C1F4A75D7B.jpeg

C62E1494-5492-4E3B-AD0B-385EB3F19A61.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I heard mixed reviews about them a while back, hopefully they got better over the years. 

Hopefully! Time will tell. I’ll keep everyone updated. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

 

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

 

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

It will be fine.  The parts turbolab sells are quality parts.  Ive assembled 4 turbos from him in the past 7 years and EVERY one of them is still going.

 

It would be good to have your turbine and compressor wheels balanced before you assemble though, just to be sure.  

 

I had that done on mine when i had them open up the turbine housing.

 That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

 That’s good to know!  I didn’t have the wheels balanced because I thought they already were. I saw balancing marks on the turbine and compressor wheels. 

 

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

 

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, gimmie11s said:

 

Correct but they (turbine and compressor) are each individually balanced.

 

The turbo shop will assemble the turbine and compressor together with a locknut and balance all 3 as a unit.

Well sheet! Is this going to ruin my turbo? Should I pull the cartridge back out and have it all balanced? Or will I only get 50,000 miles out of it instead of 100,000? Was yours off by much? 

Edited by Threadzy
Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, id have the shop balance them as i described only because the turbo is going to work at 30-40 psi or more.

 

If you planned to use it on a gas car at lower boost (25 psi or so) then i wouldnt worry about it.

 

Just my opinion above..... who knows, it might last a LONG time the way it is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like for me I had my stock HX35W eat a hose clamp I sent it out through DAP to Industrial Injection for rebuild. It cost me $800 dollars for replacing a compressor wheel and the rebalance. They reused the turbine and the housings. Still in all I think I got hosed on that deal and could of upgraded for less. 

That does seem pretty pricey. I’m in the process of talking with Turbo lab directly about a balanced rotating assembly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...