• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2006 Dodge - First long run

• Owner

After a 3 year long of not running... Stuffed in a new Valair quiet towing dual disc clutch and a set of +50HP injectors. It runs! It's been so long since I last drove it that it was like a all new experience. No real smoke at all. Remember there is no tuner just the +50HP injectors and stock ECM. I rolled out 18.2 MPG on the way home at least on the overhead display.  I need to set up my app for this truck and start monitoring the actual MPG which might be a bit better being this does have oversized tires (33 inch). Ratio is wrong and runs on the hot side climbing grades. 

Oh yeah I found out that 2006 and up are chipped keys. Man talk about expensive to have cut. I had a original key and fob it was 175 dollars to cut and program the new key. Even got a extra key non-chip for a door fall back. If you attempt to set without a fob key it will start and run but a red light will come on and then it will die because of lack of chip being present during the start up. All the alarm functions do work too. 

Way back home set the cruise at 65 MPH it was nice to have the auto exhaust brake function to maintain road speed correct. As I traveled down the grade the exhaust brake would turn on and off as needed to hold the road speed. Really nice feature. Cab is really comfortable to drive in for long hauls, seat wise. The driver seat has that hole next to my left hip also fixable with a new foam pad and bit of sewing. We stuff the back seat with groceries and other stuff. 

I'm still finding small little things that need done to make it all right. Need a new stereo head. Fix the mirror so the door controls work. Fix the fog lights (missing the turn on switch). Other than that I'm quite impressed with this truck. Oh yeah part of the EGT issue is the wastegate solenoid too. (broke lead).

Next step is to sell the 1996 Dodge 1500... Time to retire "Little Red".

• Like 2

• Owner

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

My memory isn't great but, us this the one that had a flat bed on it that you were going to use for mobile mechanic work?

Yes your are correct. 2006 Dodge will be be mobile shop. (223k miles)  My 2002 I'm going to turn back to my dream truck. (431k miles)

20210422_072103.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Glad it's up and running!

With a G56 and 33's it's probably geared about right. The AD G56 (05.5-07) runs about 6% lower in each gear, aside from 5th, than the NV5600. It's like a NV5600 with 4.10's. 

How warm on the grades? The stock programing runs very warm on that generation, up to 1450° is normal under load and 1200° isn't anything abnormal empty. 

I am not sure you will get accurate MPG's thru the dash, the burn rate reporting/calculating on the ECM is where the errors come from... especially with +50 nozzles. The duration table is based on injector testing in a stand, not in the vehicle and as soon as you change the flow with mileage and/or nozzles it's way off and unfortunately it's not linear.