• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who likes Bilsteins?

I ordered 4 of the reflex shocks and 3 of the four were already blown/defective when I picked them up at the parts store. They sell millions of them with good results, but I think your truck is going to crush them…unless it’s really flat where you live. Keep us posted. I am loyal to no brand. 

• Owner

There is a difference in my design I built for the least amount of drag, least amount of rolling resistance, and least amount or rotational mass. I don't care about the cool factor of wide heavy tires and lift kits. It is more cool when I hammer down and out run most lifted and oversized tire trucks.  Then having cruise EGTs at 500 to 550F even better Then getting 350 to 425 miles at a half tank is super cool when fuel is 4.209 in McCall right now and Riggins is 3.999 a gallon. So my cool factor is way better than most.

Like yesterday I opened up the beast and no time flat I was heading past 100 MPH. She is quick even running level 2 on the Quadzilla. I can hold my foot to the floor and never pass 1,200F EGTs. This applies to levels 2 and 3. Wiretap well you going to pass 1,200F.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The Reflex shocks are so much nicer, there's a rough patch on the road I take home from work every day that makes me physically shudder every time I roll over it.  Today I barely noticed I had hit it.  It's a truck so I don't expect it to ride like a cadillac but the difference is like getting hit with a rubber mallet as opposed to a claw hammer.  

I got 2 front Bilstein 4600 for the front to try out from rockauto, my 5100 I took out were still in great shape, not sure how long they been on there 7-8,9 years 50-60k ? They claim that they are the same aside from 4600 is slightly softer, well the rod on 4600 is 11mm and the one on 5100 is almost 14 mm, maybe piston is same but 5100 are definitely beefier. 

I drove around some today and it seems a bit softer ride, maybe after they break in it'll be noticably softer, we'll see. Here is a picture, I sprayed bedliner paint on them as I don't care for yellow under the truck that's very visible on the front, had the 5100 painted black too.PXL_20211105_135230902.jpg.6dfd91f2ef1d22249d5eb3d5b4b6674e.jpg

I have a feeling that 4600 won't last as long and I'll be putting these back on. Easy for the most part aside from driver side, where you got crap in the way.

• Staff

5100’s rode amazing on my 05, and have since put them on the 03 4Runner and my only regret on the Runner was not doing them 15 years ago when we bought it. I have nothing but good things to say about 5100’s. 

I was set to put them on my TJ but there were lots of bad reviews due to rig weight. Against my better judgment I went with RS5000’s, despite swearing them off 20+ years ago, and have been quite happy. I replaced the POS KYB’s the PO put on so I guess anything would have been an improvement. 

10 hours ago, AH64ID said:

5100’s rode amazing on my 05, and have since put them on the 03 4Runner and my only regret on the Runner was not doing them 15 years ago when we bought it. I have nothing but good things to say about 5100’s. 

I was set to put them on my TJ but there were lots of bad reviews due to rig weight. Against my better judgment I went with RS5000’s, despite swearing them off 20+ years ago, and have been quite happy. I replaced the POS KYB’s the PO put on so I guess anything would have been an improvement. 

Are you using the 5100 without any lift ? I am and never had a problem bottoming out. I was more concerned about going off-road and flexing the front end too much where the shock doesn't limit travel off the front axle and the spring would fly out. Plus it's always been a stiff fried I wanted to see what the 4600 would act like, so I'm going to try them out for a while on the front and see. Haven't driven truck long enough to really tell the difference.