• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well it finally happened! QUADZILLLLLA

Try putting cruise timing around 4-6° and pull the load percent back to around 25-27%.

Minimum pump tap I think should be zero.

The data log is not a viewable file unless you have a spreadsheet program (excel/google sheets type program). It's a file type called .csv. On my tablet I have to save to my google drive because other options are Gmail, Bluetooth, or nearby share. Google Drive I at least have multi platform viewing of my data logs. 

I don't use the excel tune builder usually, but there isn't a input (output?) to quad from there (far as I'm aware). You still have to manually enter everything into the parameters. I have never downloaded a tune from the site either so I'm unsure of that process either. 

I should also ask are you needing help fine tuning or are you trying to just get something running?

If I had to guess there is added timing built into the dragon flow vp44, so that's going to be the biggest variable in getting your timing right. The other is the 4.10s, unless you have 35s.. I'm having good power results on my 4.10s and 285/70r17 tires down at 11° at 1500 rpm then going up +4.5 from there. 

To get something resembling stock you might have to pull even more than that on your base curve...   

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

My timing is 14,18,22,28,30 but I don't have dragon flow vp and my injectors were set to 320 bar, probably closer to 305-310 by now. 

Thats the huge issue, not knowing if I truly have a dragon flow or not. 

If i was a betting man, I'd say yes you do.

From the other thread for the injectors, i think that points to yes. 

The other thing is you had every other upgrade needed for dragon flow pump; the lines, the connector tubes, the injectors even if they were bad.. all of it was there for a huge high Performance pump. To just stick an SO/HO pump on it seems counter productive to the rest of the build, turbo, cam, dual springs.. tbh its set up like i would set up a very low end 2.6 or high end work stock truck for sled pulling, which i think you mentioned it was in one of your previous threads

Edited by Silverwolf2691

By specific class he probably means he didn't build it for the rules of that class. A 64mm turbo is a bit of an odd duck.. It's not large enough to be really competitive in a 2.6 class but work stock is usually limited to/lumped in with a 2.5 class, and the 64 is too big. 

2.5 class is a 63mm turbo

2.6 class is a 66mm turbo.

Of course this all depends on the rules of the places he was going as to what was allowed...

Most likely you or gonna have to drag your timing down. Like really low. The way I think they add timing is a new or modified timing ring. Essentially it acts similar to advancing or retarding a camshaft. Industrial Injection moves the locating pin(s) on the ring for the timing piston, the computer cant detect it so its none the wiser. The only other way would be to change the Bosch parameters in the computer when they get calibrated (not likely).

Start out with -2° (from current) and see what happens. Popping and sputtering (usually high rpm), pull some more timing.

I've heard a Cummins go down our track at 3600 rpm with a regular Quad, had a Scheid lightning 2 pump. Similar in size to yours. He was having issue with popping going down the track. Asked him about it later, he said too much advance was one of his problems. It sounded like the anti lag/2-step stuff that shoots flames from import tail pipes to spool turbos.    

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

The data log is not a viewable file unless you have a spreadsheet program (excel/google sheets type program). It's a file type called .csv. On my tablet I have to save to my google drive because other options are Gmail, Bluetooth, or nearby share. Google Drive I at least have multi platform viewing of my data logs. 

I uploaded the data log to Google drive and opened it in Google sheets but it displays in time stamps/numbers etc. Really confusing? Is this how it is?

iQuad-2021-11-11-05.25.56-1966036960.pdf

Edited by Stanley

oh yeah its just a full screen of numbers and time stamps. I don't remember how long it can record for but I think its 4 hours of run time.

when you see the graphs from @Me78569 or myself, we had to make those in excel. the quad doesn't output a graph for us.

you can remove every time stamp column if you want to just get the info trimmed down to the good stuff.

try to limit to a max of 100-120 rows for the graph.. any more and it gets messy. 

Edited by Silverwolf2691

33 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

when you see the graphs from @Me78569 or myself, we had to make those in excel. the quad doesn't output a graph for us.

Is it pretty difficult to make those graphs? Prolly easier to read... I don't remember looking at one recently. Now I'll have to figure out how to decipher this info lol... 

I think @Me78569 had made an article already about making the graphs. I cant seem to find it in the quadzilla section, or I looked too fast.. It was Excel specific though. Google sheets is a bit different.

its not hard but there is a learning curve.

post a copy of your csv file and I'll see what I can whip up

Edited by Silverwolf2691

I tried to make a graph through Google sheets but didn't really workout to well. Had over 10,000 rows, I used the 75? row suggestion but which section to you pick? There's so many and kinda linear and hard to determine where what is lol. 

And I really don't know what I'm looking for it to actually be useful to me...

I guess I'll mention it in this thread, my egt's are not reading on my tablet as of yesterday. Sometimes it will sporadically come on but... I checked the only connection it has and wiring but it's all good and brand new? I send quadzilla and email through the tech support so I'll see what they say. 

I'll also update my injector issue on other thread. 

• Owner

This is why I work with real time data. Being the graph just shows what the engine reporting back. What it doesn't show what the weather is, wind speed, highway grades, speed limits, etc. Now I roll that all together and make adjustment on the fly to improve the tune. When I did it for @Sycostang67I was building on the fly and watching as he climb grades, seen if the cruise timing drops properly at the right time. Had him simulate a passing watch to see if there was a good drop of timing without much smoke, then building boost rapidly. All this can't be seen in a simple graph or data dump of the Quadzilla. Again one of the few reason I work with live data, not recorded data. Anyone could seen me a data dump but the highway / weather data is always missing... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I to have a Hotrod pump, from BD. I have tried many different timing tunes also. With mine as soon as I adjust the Max load timing offset or Low PSI timing reduction, the trouble starts. Light throttle timing advance is not liked by my pump neither. As in killing the engine, noisy, smokey & gutless. This is the way I have mine set & I couldn't be happier. Mine is auto, but just try these settings.

Max load timing offset = 0.0

Low psi timing reduction = 0.0

Timing reduction scaling = 100%

Light throttle timing advance = 0.0

Light throttle load limit =35 

@jag, im with @Mopar1973Man, thats a lot of advance with an already advanced pump.. but if its working, then have at it.. 

I'm curious if pulling some timing back would allow you to add some of the cruise but you seemed to have already experimented and have found the happy spot for your truck.. I'm just surprised its so far advanced