• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok i searched and searched Tire qusetion?

Has anyone tried the BFG's Commercial T/A® All Season?I am looking for a long lasting tire. I only off road one in a wile in someones yard to get fire wood. any other time I would be off road I would be towing my jeep, I"ll just pull the truck out. So i need a long lasting quite tire that wont break the bank. i had the T/A KO's on my duramax and only got two years out of them.:cry: i was just wondering about the commercial tires any brand?

Its hard to beat BFG for longevity as their rubber compound is harder then most. I got over 100K miles from my last set of 285-75-16 bf ats but I had them siped when theywere brand new. They actually went for 120k before you couldn't see the tread design anymore. :lmao: But it wasn't me, I sold them to a friend who run them skin head bald. I just replaced my OEM original Bfg rugged trails and they had 85k on them, could have got more but I got a flat and just replaced them as winter is coming and there wasn't enough tread for winter driving. Remember 1 critical point......The more rubber in contact with the road the longer they will last. Which is why Mud tires wear out fast. More aggressive open tread design = less life.

those are the tires i have. got them in july. just got back from the hunting lease and it is rare that a 2wd doesn't get stuck. i didn't this time, but admittedly didn't take them for a "full" test, yet :evilgrin: they seem like good tires so far

I think I have the BFG's like your talking about...they're a commercial tire but I don't know if the ones I have are classed as all season :shrug:,I know they are a studdable tire so I thinking it's not an all season. I find most BFG's and Michelins, which most likely have some of the same compounds in them since it's the same company will wear pretty well. I have the commercial for winter and the BFG all terrain for summer. Thinking of going with a Michelin A/T next time though to see if it helps my wander out :rolleyes:

the BFGoodrich COMMERICAL TA AS Tire will cost me 137$ the description says

LT265/75R16 123Q COMM T/AASLRE

Cool-running, smooth-riding, long-wearing all-season commercial tire with a 50,000-mile Manufacturer's Limited Treadlife warranty.

I like the 50,000 warranty with them. :2cents:

i need a tire that is going to last.

or I could do what the wife wants me to. but the 37 Iroks are for and on the jeep. though they would look cool on the truck.:thumb1:

I went with Yokohama Geolander ATs. At 20,000 mi they show very little wear. I've watched when having them balanced and they never take much weight & have always rolled smooth. I may try something like Dynabead next time so I don't have to bother rebalancing at all.FWIW, Discount tire price matches web prices. Some web dealers sell near cost & make $$ on shipping. You should be able to get a good deal using web pricing.

I have BF Goodrich T/A KO's on both trucks in 295/75R-16 and they have been fantastic tires. They are quiet, wear great, and perform good across a wide range of conditions. I plan to replace these tires with the same thing when the time comes only perhaps in a larger size.

You may want to look at Cooper Discoverer ATR's or HT's. I just rolled over 50,000 miles on my ATR's and they'll go easily 65-70,000 miles. The longest lasting tires I ever had were the Michelin M&S that were the OEM tires on my '99 Dodge/Cummins. I got 125,000 miles on those bad boys and could've pushed them a bit further, had winter not been approaching.

You may want to look at Cooper Discoverer ATR's or HT's. I just rolled over 50,000 miles on my ATR's and they'll go easily 65-70,000 miles. The longest lasting tires I ever had were the Michelin M&S that were the OEM tires on my '99 Dodge/Cummins. I got 125,000 miles on those bad boys and could've pushed them a bit further, had winter not been approaching.

I had the same experience with the M/S tires. Those things last forever.

Thanks I will definitely look in to the Coppers and Michelins. Michelins aer haveing a sale here 70$ off a set.