• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Olympics

Max Tune

Any interest? In my younger days I used to enjoy the summer/winter games. Now, I really don't care. I lost interest when politics started showing up on the podium from the athletes. It's bad enough when countries try to use the Olympics as a political statement, (U.S. boycott on Russia) but when the athletes use it for their political views, it cheapens it to the point of me not caring. The Olympics to me should be for athletes doing the best humanly possible in competition against other athletes from around the world. Politics be Damned!

Just my opinion, what's yours?

I agree, I'll go a little farther and say I dont think we should be in china. China is all out stealing info from the US continually, there are 2000 cases of theft of documents by china that have not seen the light of day.
Another thing of interest is china owns 80% of the raw materials it takes to make lithium batt. and yet china only owns 1% of that in their country.
They will restrict our athletes when they go there and we let theirs run loose and some hire them for chauffeurs. I gotta get off this before I get wound up. :lol:

• Like 2

• Staff

When I hear about the Olympics my thoughts go to the mountains in the NW corner of Washington State. And when a new variant comes out I think, 'Oh goodie, I can get another booster and in ten years I will have gotten 20 of them things on the tax payers with big green lumps on my lips.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Only reason I would watch is because I have a coworker/friend who left the company I work at to go be a skeleton luge athlete for Team USA. But I just looked and he didn't get to go this year. Otherwise the only way I know its the Olympics is because of all the ads and what not.. 

Refresher, skeleton luge is the head first on your belly down the bobsled track race.. 

I haven’t watched a minute of the Olympics either, mainly because I have been glued to women’s Ivy League swimming. Penn has this girl named Lia Thomas, she is having a really great season. Definitely one to watch in the coming years, I predict big things from her. 

• Haha 1

• Staff

I have never been a big Olympics watcher but with all the politics involved now I won't watch. Athletes making their statements on the podium is just plain uncalled for. No better than NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem. 

If you don't like the country that put your a$$ where your at then leave.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, Max Tune said:

when countries try to use the Olympics as a political statement, (U.S. boycott on Russia)

I certainly wasn't old enough at the time to care, but this seems like one of the things Carter got right. As long as it's not overdone, this is a pretty good way for the US to express its displeasure with a policy of the host country. Obviously it would make news around the world, likely repeated almost constantly during the broadcast, for nights on end. It cuts off a little money, and it doesn't involve bullets or bombs.

I don't know that Afghanistan instigated a fight with the Soviets.

• Like 1