• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

White smoke, low power when starting

Thanks G W

I'll get codes today, I replace filters at least once a year after 8-10K, new batteries and buffed and coated connections.

I will read in on the WT mod.

I appreciate all of the input from everyone.

Thanks G W

I'll get codes today, I replace filters at least once a year after 8-10K, new batteries and buffed and coated connections.

I will read in on the WT mod.

I appreciate all of the input from everyone.

Fantastic!  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

so i grabbed them for you

This is what I try to do when on my computer, just "too difficult" :duh: on my phone, navigating back and forth.  Way easier when it's two separate apps, so I can't even imagine the number of times I've pasted these links into Facebook VP44 pages, that's how I know the Reader's Digest version is on Page 2.  Hopefully some of these folks eventually join, or at least click on advertisements.

Update.  Thanks for all of the input.

MAP sensor seems to have fixed most issues, but I have not put many miles on it or towed.

Quadzilla is a bit of a letdown after removing Blue Chip FMS and Bully Dog stack, but again few miles have been driven and no towing.  I assume I will need to work on some tuning and figure the thing out.  I got a tow tune from Quadzilla and need to download it into the device.

Code scan was P0234 MAP sensor too high and P0217 Reduced engine performance from overheat (33 starts ago)

Thanks for the input.  I'll YouTube waste gate actuation and check that out.

Quadzilla and MAP sensor cleared up white smoke and rough running.

Not impressed with Quadzilla power delivery, it has nowhere near the power of the Blue Chip FMS/Bully Dog stack.  Stock tune is laggy and smokier than I would like and it fuels flat until about 2700 rpm's, then fuels hard and it's time to shift.  The tow tune from Quadzilla is better with smoke, but uninspiring to drive and it stops fueling at about 2600-2800 RPM's.  I'm looking into a shop in Fort Collins, CO to help me tune it for my truck.  What in the heck am I missing? 

Let me know if there are links on the site that I am missing.

Thank you!

Thank you folks!  I will read through this and maybe purchase one of the tunes Loren listed as $20 seems pretty reasonable versus $100 from Quadzilla.

I appreciate the feedback.

5 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

Make sure you have it set up for V2 tuning and not just default

This drove me nuts for a long while because the V2 tuning is (or was) way at the bottom of the list instead of right by the other tuning for 01 Ram.

• Like 1