• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Long Time Cummins Fan- Tri Cities

VMac822

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  Been off for a while, busy with foster kids and doing a cam upgrade on my truck.  Lot of work for an older guy LOL.  I have the Big Stick III installed, now to getting everything buttoned up.  Did the first test fire Tuesday, she's sounding good.

I replaced the tappets using a different technique. I jacked up the engine and pulled the oil pan. Probably more work than the conventional method, but it was fun to take a look at the bottom end and swapping tappets is super easy that way. And putting in the new cam was really easy, while my son pushed it in I laid under the truck and used a dowel to push up on the end so it could hit the holes on target.  

Since I had the pan off I went ahead and threw in a block stiffener, Cummins PN 3941556.  I thought with a 53 block why not, but I was going more for possibly reducing some noise.  It does not tie in the mains, that is a lot more involved since they require studs and align-honing the mains, but the price was right. . .$306 from Source One in Los Angeles.   Anyway will create a new post once I get my truck back on the road and give overall impressions.

https://s1partscenter.com/brands/cummins/cylinder-block/cylinder-block-stiffener/3941556