• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Picked up a new toy last week

• Staff

I have a new toy in the garage. The wife actually found it for me, a Mac tools blasting cabinet. Nothing fancy, it's used but in good shape. Had to make a "floor" for it to set parts on above the media in the bottom. Cleaned it up a bit and drained out the old media. Filled with 16lbs of new 80 grit aluminum oxide. So far so good. I cleaned up a couple small parts I had in the garage and she works pretty good. I think I'm gonna add more media though. Seems to draw air in the siphon tube as the media doesn't run back down to the bottom of the hopper fast enough. Not sure how much it should have in it. No literature came with it so figuring it out as I go. Should be a handy tool to have around. Just thought I'd share 20220925_143242.jpg.b20e8c775e32e8b0e81aee5a64473eed.jpg

Edited by Doubletrouble
  • Like 2

• Staff
On 10/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, hdpwipmonkey said:

Nice find.

:offtopic: A Steeler fan in Ohio?  I am hoping to be out that way once they build that new Intel fab outside of Columbus in a few years.  Then there will be another couple Steeler fans in Ohio (we are slowly taking over :lol:)   :backtotopic:

Been a steeler fan since I was a kid. Thanks to my dad. I grew up watching all the old school big names. The original IRON CURTAIN!

• Staff
On 10/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, Doubletrouble said:

I have a new toy in the garage. The wife actually found it for me, a Mac tools blasting cabinet. Nothing fancy, it's used but in good shape. Had to make a "floor" for it to set parts on above the media in the bottom. Cleaned it up a bit and drained out the old media. Filled with 16lbs of new 80 grit aluminum oxide. So far so good. I cleaned up a couple small parts I had in the garage and she works pretty good. I think I'm gonna add more media though. Seems to draw air in the siphon tube as the media doesn't run back down to the bottom of the hopper fast enough. Not sure how much it should have in it. No literature came with it so figuring it out as I go. Should be a handy tool to have around. Just thought I'd share 20220925_143242.jpg.b20e8c775e32e8b0e81aee5a64473eed.jpg

What he does it take all the old parts layin out back, make them look new again and ships them back for credit...:lol: