• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

boost elbow questions

29 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

No. It plugs into the map sensor and the comport in the engine bay. There is a couple more but those are the main two. 

Ok great, thanks.   My truck is exempt from inspection in NJ, but I was just curious regardless.   

From NJ "All Diesel-fueled motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) 8,501 pounds to 17,999 that are plated commercial. The owner or lessee is required to inspected these vehicles.  "

On 2/23/2023 at 9:25 PM, Doubletrouble said:

I would do injectors first and soon. If those are truly OEM factory injectors they're way past their service life. Typically injector life is 100-150k miles.

Thanks.  I'll plan this.  

When replacing the injectors, is it also necessary to replace the connector tubes?    Or if not, should I at least replace the connector tube O-rings?

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I could most likely pass a smog test with my DAP +150HP Injectors (7 x 0.010), Quadzilla Adrenaline, and stock HX35W turbo. The way my tune is set up and the fuel table I run there is no smoke. If I wanted to hide the tune I could easily stash it up in the dash and hide most of the wiring. Some of the main reasons I can do this with such big injectors is the fact that other tuners like Edge CTS or Edge EZ do not allow for timing adjustments. Strangely I'm now running upwards of 24 to 25 degrees BTDC at 2,000 RPM which no other tuner can do and burn so cool in EGTs that at my 65 MPH speed I'm right at 550 to 600-degree EGTs with about 2 PSI of boost.  Bonus is having super high MPG's. 

That should make you think...

Cool info @Mopar1973Man  What are your average "super high" MPG's with this setup?

• Owner
On 2/25/2023 at 4:41 PM, Ironforger said:

Cool info @Mopar1973Man  What are your average "super high" MPG's with this setup?

28.2 MPG hand math. I did another trip from Seattle WA filled the tank drove 300 miles across Washington to the Idaho border and used a touch more than a 1/4 tank across the entire state of Washington last summer. Even this winter with temps as low as -20*F I was still holding close to 22 MPG running 25 degrees of timing at 2,000 RPMs. My current tune is way aggressive timing at a cruise state. Under power, it drops to about 18 degrees at 2k RPMs and flat tucks tall and bails down the pavement. 

Oh give me some time and I'll be getting the Quadzilla added to the store very soon. :burnout2:

https://store.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24-valve/tuners-programmers.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ironforger said:

Thanks.  I'll plan this.  

When replacing the injectors, is it also necessary to replace the connector tubes?    Or if not, should I at least replace the connector tube O-rings?

I replaced my tubes when i swapped the pump two weeks ago. bu i would certainly change the o rings on the tubes.