• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

pit bull attack

Had a bad experience today with a pit bull... Anybody else dealt with these things? I run about 6 ~ 8 miles everyday after I get out of class, takes me about an hour usually. Today, about 4 miles in, I had the pleasure of experiencing what it feels like when confronted by a charging pit bull. Idiot owners were sitting on their front porch even, and just watched! Anyway, as soon as I saw the beast running and growling toward me I said "Oh snap," and decided it was time to reverse my direction of travel and increase speed. I guess that fueled it's fire and it decided that it was the dominant male or something. It caught up with me and grabbed my shirt, I thought it was going to go for more so I stopped and before it could let loose of my shirt I half turned my upper buddy around to my left, balled up and gave it the hardest right hand hook I could muster right on its ear, then resumed my rapid rate of speed. My punch didn't seem to phase it, it was on my heels for about 100 yards before it turned around and went home. I'd say I got lucky, this thing was not playing around. Should trigger an interesting and informative class discussion on Wednesday in Civil Procedure! Anybody else on here jog? Got any stories of close encounters with vicious hounds?

Yeah I have also had an experience like this, I was hauling wood for a winter job to a couple that lived about 10 miles out of town here, my blue heeler always rides on top of the wood I haul. Well when I showed up the guy says I have a pit bull so I told him to put it away while I was there cause I had my dog with me. Well about 2 minutes after I started unloading the wood I hear my dog growling from under my truck.... (He never growls), so it got my attention. I look over about the time the pitbull came running off the porch for him and grabs my dog by the throat, I came uncorked, I reached onto my back seat grabbed my little ruger .22, and made the pitbull a veggie, owners werent too happy about it, I said it was either thiers or mine, but i had the gun in my hands..... I did end up givin em the wood for killin thier dog though....

rotweiler bite at a womens ankle when she was walking down the street..she ran to my house..called the cops...i had just got off of work and still had my ariat size 12ee steel toed boots on ....AND BAM...YUP RIGHT IN THE HEAD....pits...i got a .300 win mag and or a 500 magnum..don't have time for them dogs.

--- Update to the previous post...

Had a bad experience today with a pit bull... Anybody else dealt with these things? I run about 6 ~ 8 miles everyday after I get out of class, takes me about an hour usually. Today, about 4 miles in, I had the pleasure of experiencing what it feels like when confronted by a charging pit bull. Idiot owners were sitting on their front porch even, and just watched! Anyway, as soon as I saw the beast running and growling toward me I said "Oh snap," and decided it was time to reverse my direction of travel and increase speed. I guess that fueled it's fire and it decided that it was the dominant male or something. It caught up with me and grabbed my shirt, I thought it was going to go for more so I stopped and before it could let loose of my shirt I half turned my upper buddy around to my left, balled up and gave it the hardest right hand hook I could muster right on its ear, then resumed my rapid rate of speed. My punch didn't seem to phase it, it was on my heels for about 100 yards before it turned around and went home. I'd say I got lucky, this thing was not playing around.

Should trigger an interesting and informative class discussion on Wednesday in Civil Procedure!

Anybody else on here jog? Got any stories of close encounters with vicious hounds?

i hope your allright dude.

• Owner

I don't like pitbulls at all... They're a really weird dog even if you do the right things with them Pit's still can just wig out and take you apart for no good reason... We owned one long ago and the dog was find for people but cars it would attack the tires everytime... Stupid dog... :cookoo:Now Doberman Pinchers and German Shepherds no problems...

rotweiler bite at a womens ankle when she was walking down the street..she ran to my house..called the cops...i had just got off of work and still had my ariat size 12ee steel toed boots on ....AND BAM...YUP RIGHT IN THE HEAD....pits...i got a .300 win mag and or a 500 magnum..don't have time for them dogs.

i hope your allright dude.

I hate them now! Really wish Oklahoma would become open carry legal, because I just thought about how hard it would be to conceal a pistol when I am wearing only athletic shorts and no t-shirt. Guess I might get a can of mace, no way would that thing continue if it got some mace in its disgusting face.

thanks for the concern man, good to go now I think haha i was just a little freaked out when I posted, it had just happened. nasty dogs.......

I don't like pitbulls at all... They're a really weird dog even if you do the right things with them Pit's still can just wig out and take you apart for no good reason... We owned one long ago and the dog was find for people but cars it would attack the tires everytime... Stupid dog... :cookoo:

Now Doberman Pinchers and German Shepherds no problems...

I definitely feel the same way after this... why someone would want to own one as a pet is beyond my comprehension. They are vermin.

Yeah I have also had an experience like this, I was hauling wood for a winter job to a couple that lived about 10 miles out of town here, my blue heeler always rides on top of the wood I haul. Well when I showed up the guy says I have a pit bull so I told him to put it away while I was there cause I had my dog with me. Well about 2 minutes after I started unloading the wood I hear my dog growling from under my truck.... (He never growls), so it got my attention. I look over about the time the pitbull came running off the porch for him and grabs my dog by the throat, I came uncorked, I reached onto my back seat grabbed my little ruger .22, and made the pitbull a veggie, owners werent too happy about it, I said it was either thiers or mine, but i had the gun in my hands..... I did end up givin em the wood for killin thier dog though....

Dang that sucks............. Nasty dogs!!!

Had a bad experience today with a pit bull... Anybody else dealt with these things?

as a cable guy, i run in to dog a lot. it seems that the low income or "ghetto" areas have pits exclusively. i have heard of coworkers carrying pepper spray. nothing pisses off someone as fast as messing with their dog. i am usually faster and smarter. i'll grab a flat head or splicers knife out of my tool belt and am ready to end it quick. usually i have a 28' extension ladder in my hands. it is big and awkward, but gives me a bigger shape that most animals do not want to attack. typically for me, no one is home when i knock on the door. i go to the back to work. resident arrives home and the dog wants out, so they just let them go! recently i knocked on a door to let them know i was going to be working in the back. the home owner opened the door, and both dogs escaped and teamed up on me. one bit my ankle and leg. the homeowner did not care one bit. no apology, no are you okay, or no get the f*** of my lawn. nothing. that pissed me off. i had never seen such disregard for HUMAN life. i called animal control. first time i have ever had to go that route. if your dog bites someone(it has to break the skin) then you get a ticket, your dog gets taken in to custody to monitor them for rabies, and you have to pay for their board while in custody. i have had dogs in the past. sometimes they get loose or what ever. but at the end of the day. a dog is just a dog. no different than any other livestock. i'm a human with rights. i felt awful for calling animal control, but if you cannot muster the courage and at least come over to make sure the bleeding has stopped, then you deserve it!

My punch didn't seem to phase it, it was on my heels for about 100 yards before it turned around and went home. I'd say I got lucky, this thing was not playing around.

fighting is about leverage and torque. the reason punches do damage is because the way you stand and swing allow you to use you body as leverage. if you are fighting an opponent that is much shorter than you, you won't be able to "put as much into it". go for a weapon. heavy stick, flower pot, etc. kicks can be a savior or a big mistake. don't open with a kick(unless u plan for the following) as the animal will usually try to bite your foot/leg. but a kick after they are latched will usually have them backing up(good tip if you wear steel toes). remember that they don't like hits to the belly. when males fight for dominance. mine tried to pin the other on its back or bite the underbelly. even just a good poke there sends the message that you are more dominate then it.

Idiot owners were sitting on their front porch even, and just watched!

did they wear weaves in their hair?

Having grown up in the country and on a large farm with lots of wild critters and with neighbors with lots of honory dogs like all of the above posts I have long since lost my fear of being bitten, I actually want them to try and bite me. I have trained many dogs to respect me by letting them go for me then I shove my hand inside their mouth as far as I can and grab hold of their bottom jaw and pull hard downward and use my finger inside their mouth and squeeze down on their tounge really hard, it renders them helpless instantly and are at my mercy. some give up instantly some want to fight it for a few seconds but they all give up. I have had friends who have had me come over to prove it works and are amazed at my effectiveness. I am not mean to them and do talk them down calmly while I am in control of their jaw. some dogs become 100 % obedient to all and some respect only me from that day forward. I had one neighbor with a german shepard that would about level you when you got out of the vehicle so I told him I would try a scare tactic when I arrived and he agreed to it before hand. I brought my 45 lc along and when I got there he had the dog inside for me and it gave me time to get out of my pickup to be ready for it and he let him out and I unloaded 2 45 lc rounds off in the dirt right in front of his nose pelting him with gravel which the noise and resulting peppering of gravel scared the Chit out of him and he hid from us for about an hour but when he came out I used the calm talk method with him and from that day forward he met me at my vehicle door with nothing but respect and was the friendliest dog after that day but again it was just with me he was still mean to everyone else. But as I say I have no fear of getting a few teeth marks on me for this technque.

Had a bad experience today with a pit bull... Anybody else dealt with these things? I'd say I got lucky, this thing was not playing around.

Hey - personally I am a pretty pro-dog rights and proper care. Now with that out of the way I think you should report to the police. I know its sounds OTT - but think - if a 12 year old gets into the same situation with the owners not controlling the dog you could read of a pretty bad situation sometime down the track. Sorry for the seriuous side - I know you were just opening a general chit chat - I love dogs and I quite like pitbulls - I don't however like a LOT of the owners of what I consider a potential threat. Any large dog is same. Keep it leashed when it has any chance of being around people - especially if it has any inclination of that kind of behaviour. A lot of large dogs don't. IF it was me - I would consider sueing as well - if you have any marks on your shirt as well as a witness ?? You might pick up $1k for a new turbo - haha - serious - it sends a message to the owner. My :2cents:

I dont jog.If i did i would have pepper spray.You should get some.You could of died.Them dogs kill people every year.There built like the six million dollar man.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

I will definitely look into that.

as a cable guy, i run in to dog a lot. it seems that the low income or "ghetto" areas have pits exclusively. i have heard of coworkers carrying pepper spray. nothing pisses off someone as fast as messing with their dog. i am usually faster and smarter. i'll grab a flat head or splicers knife out of my tool belt and am ready to end it quick. usually i have a 28' extension ladder in my hands. it is big and awkward, but gives me a bigger shape that most animals do not want to attack. typically for me, no one is home when i knock on the door. i go to the back to work. resident arrives home and the dog wants out, so they just let them go! recently i knocked on a door to let them know i was going to be working in the back. the home owner opened the door, and both dogs escaped and teamed up on me. one bit my ankle and leg. the homeowner did not care one bit. no apology, no are you okay, or no get the f*** of my lawn. nothing. that pissed me off. i had never seen such disregard for HUMAN life. i called animal control. first time i have ever had to go that route. if your dog bites someone(it has to break the skin) then you get a ticket, your dog gets taken in to custody to monitor them for rabies, and you have to pay for their board while in custody. i have had dogs in the past. sometimes they get loose or what ever. but at the end of the day. a dog is just a dog. no different than any other livestock. i'm a human with rights. i felt awful for calling animal control, but if you cannot muster the courage and at least come over to make sure the bleeding has stopped, then you deserve it! fighting is about leverage and torque. the reason punches do damage is because the way you stand and swing allow you to use you body as leverage. if you are fighting an opponent that is much shorter than you, you won't be able to "put as much into it". go for a weapon. heavy stick, flower pot, etc. kicks can be a savior or a big mistake. don't open with a kick(unless u plan for the following) as the animal will usually try to bite your foot/leg. but a kick after they are latched will usually have them backing up(good tip if you wear steel toes). remember that they don't like hits to the belly. when males fight for dominance. mine tried to pin the other on its back or bite the underbelly. even just a good poke there sends the message that you are more dominate then it. did they wear weaves in their hair?

Yikes, I bet you have seen some crazy stuff!! I would have gotten a weapon (stick, bottle, etc) but I was so surprised by the dog's speed. Plus I was running down the middle of a gravel road, by the time I would have gotten to the ditch and looked for a beating stick, I think it would have been on me...

we have a dobie...and he is an awesome dog....when the kids are playing in the living room he will sit next to the front door and block it while he his monitoring what is going on outside.his NAME IS THOR...cool huh!!

Haha I guess! Does it like to go after strange people such as the mailman or joggers?

Having grown up in the country and on a large farm with lots of wild critters and with neighbors with lots of honory dogs like all of the above posts I have long since lost my fear of being bitten, I actually want them to try and bite me. I have trained many dogs to respect me by letting them go for me then I shove my hand inside their mouth as far as I can and grab hold of their bottom jaw and pull hard downward and use my finger inside their mouth and squeeze down on their tounge really hard, it renders them helpless instantly and are at my mercy. some give up instantly some want to fight it for a few seconds but they all give up. I have had friends who have had me come over to prove it works and are amazed at my effectiveness. I am not mean to them and do talk them down calmly while I am in control of their jaw. some dogs become 100 % obedient to all and some respect only me from that day forward. I had one neighbor with a german shepard that would about level you when you got out of the vehicle so I told him I would try a scare tactic when I arrived and he agreed to it before hand. I brought my 45 lc along and when I got there he had the dog inside for me and it gave me time to get out of my pickup to be ready for it and he let him out and I unloaded 2 45 lc rounds off in the dirt right in front of his nose pelting him with gravel which the noise and resulting peppering of gravel scared the Chit out of him and he hid from us for about an hour but when he came out I used the calm talk method with him and from that day forward he met me at my vehicle door with nothing but respect and was the friendliest dog after that day but again it was just with me he was still mean to everyone else. But as I say I have no fear of getting a few teeth marks on me for this technque.

You have dog handling mastered I think! Not really any predators down here that are to be feared, I live on about 200 acres and besides some deer, bobcat, squirrels, coyotes, and wild hogs there really isn't any critters. I have limited experience with bad dogs. Have a few wild ones that chase my cows, but a .50 bmg round stops that pretty quick. Never had one run after me or anything... Guess I will have to be more prepared next time!

Hey - personally I am a pretty pro-dog rights and proper care. Now with that out of the way I think you should report to the police. I know its sounds OTT - but think - if a 12 year old gets into the same situation with the owners not controlling the dog you could read of a pretty bad situation sometime down the track. Sorry for the seriuous side - I know you were just opening a general chit chat - I love dogs and I quite like pitbulls - I don't however like a LOT of the owners of what I consider a potential threat. Any large dog is same. Keep it leashed when it has any chance of being around people - especially if it has any inclination of that kind of behaviour. A lot of large dogs don't. IF it was me - I would consider sueing as well - if you have any marks on your shirt as well as a witness ?? You might pick up $1k for a new turbo - haha - serious - it sends a message to the owner. My :2cents:

If it had broke the skin, I would have raised hell if I lived through it. The owners would have been 100% liable. But I didn't because it just got my shirt, and I didn't want to mess with it because these people have a big confederate flag flying in their yard and looked like they would seriously murder me, so I decided to let it be. If this was in the city or something where children were at or where they could be out, but this was about 14 miles from the nearest town or gas station.... Middle of nowhere Oklahoma.... But I think you are right!

Oh man dogs :mad:I was 10 yrs old when a mother and 7 pups chased me ( was in Egypt at the time ) and since then I do not like loose dogs Well 3 weeks ago I was putting out flyers on front doors in a close by development and I usualy make noise before I get on a property with my keys or whistle to see if they have dogs well this time nothing barked I am clear to go so I am at the front step now when I hear two dogs running towards me I looked at the edge of the property ( electric fence ) and ran as fast as I can and thank god I made it before them ( a black and a yellow lab ) you should have seen the kids playing on the street laughing at me :cry::lmao::lmao2:

Oh man dogs :mad: I was 10 yrs old when a mother and 7 pups chased me ( was in Egypt at the time ) and since then I do not like loose dogs Well 3 weeks ago I was putting out flyers on front doors in a close by development and I usualy make noise before I get on a property with my keys or whistle to see if they have dogs well this time nothing barked I am clear to go so I am at the front step now when I hear two dogs running towards me I looked at the edge of the property ( electric fence ) and ran as fast as I can and thank god I made it before them ( a black and a yellow lab ) you should have seen the kids playing on the street laughing at me :cry::lmao::lmao2:

The people that laugh are the ones that haven't faced down a charging dog. I feel for ya man! Normally I don't have a problem with dogs when they are sitting still wagging their tails, but when they are coming at me, I don't like........ I don't understand why people can't keep their vicious dogs locked up! If they knew they could get financially ruined in court if their little angel dog rips a hole in a man.

It can certainly be a scary site when a charging dog comes after you, more so when it is a breed such as a pit or a rot. However the number of attacks when compared to a dog such as a Chihuahua is actually quite low, it is just injury almost always occurs with the larger breeds.I had a Pit mutt (couldn't tell what the rest was, just knew she was mixed) from the time I was three years old to the time I was 20. The only person the dog ever attacked was my uncle and he sat there and tormented her till she caught him right in the butt cheek. In fact the kids would sit on her and pull her ears and the dog never once gave them grief.Now on the other hand my wife has a dog that was to the best of my knowledge a Sharpe mix. One day we came home from work and notice bloody stools all over the place, mind you this dog was completely trained by this time. We took her to the vet and they said probably just a virus and that we should add rice to her food till she got over it. Next her eyes started to bleed at the corners and she began to lose weight. This took a grand total of about three days. So off to the vet again, they ran some tests but didn't find anything conclusive. Soon she started vomiting blood and by this time she rarely got any family time. Then her attitude changed, she would walk around like she couldn't even see us. Off to the Till one day I came home from work and tried to put her leash on and she turned, biting into my wrist and shaking her head violently. Once I got her free it took about all I had to get her into a bathroom down the hall where I could shut her in. Later I explained everything to my wife, cautiously removed her from the bathroom, tied her leash to the gooseneck hitch in the bed, and off to the humane society we went. After $1200 in vet bills I couldn't afford anymore dead end veterinary work. The humane society later put her down. Still don't know why she turned.

Drano granules in a meatball is what I hear is the magic way to get rid of a vicious dog. I do not endorse this method.My Dad was jogging on the beach and a dog aggressively ran up to him, He called to the owner and got no response. Hit it on the head and it dropped dead. The owner for some strange reason then wanted to fight with him (what was the guy thinking??). My Dad is nearing 60 and is a big guy. He was on American Gladiators back in the 90’s.

Drano granules in a meatball is what I hear is the magic way to get rid of a vicious dog. I do not endorse this method. My Dad was jogging on the beach and a dog aggressively ran up to him, He called to the owner and got no response. Hit it on the head and it dropped dead. The owner for some strange reason then wanted to fight with him (what was the guy thinking??). My Dad is nearing 60 and is a big guy. He was on American Gladiators back in the 90’s.

hahahahaha drano - what he need drano for with a mean right hook like that

Hit it on the head and it dropped dead.

hahahhahah :lmao2:

the Dirty way to do it would be to wait a week or two and drop a draino dog or burger over the fence when no one is home. With a vicious dog like that and a callous owner Surely yours won't be the only bad experience that the dog has had. Not my way of dealing with the problem but I have heard of good results.Its a shame that Dogs KILL more children under 10 years old than guns dobtw if you want to see video of my Dad he is on youtube.com if you search for "Elden Kidd" you will see him. They had a compilation of him beating Gemini 4x who had a perfect record on the joust before they met up.