• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We're going seasonal!

Doubletrouble

• Staff

As the title states, we are going seasonal at our favorite "local" campground. It's about an hour drive from home but out in the middle of farm country. We've been going there as weekenders for the past 3 years and love the place. We have a few friends that are seasonal there as well so we decided to do the same. 

Per camp rules our 1994 Coachman is to old so we also had to purchase a newer used fifth wheel. We found a 2012 keystone cougar we liked and put money down on her. We will be able to pick it up on May 6th after they go though and do service and inspections and fix a couple things I pointed out.

For the time being we are keeping the '94 for travel purposes. That way if we want to travel with a camper we don't have to uproot the seasonal spot.

This is our spot, the camper will be gone to move ours in, the deck and shed stay. 

20230408_144045.jpg

This is the 2012 camper we bought to go out there. I will post more pics once we get setup. 

unit_photo_202206100427321465833973.jpg

• Staff

Good for you.  I like to call that a summer house without all the problems of having one; no mortgage, property tax, house insurance, etc.  

Where is the camp ground located? How long is your season?  How much do they charge a month and is the electricity included?    

That trailer is 36 ft long with 3 slides and only weighs 9700lb with a 2200lb capacity is pretty good.

• Staff

Campground is located in Wauseon Ohio.

Season starts April 21 through Oct 1.

Season passes start at $1550 per season, that includes electric. Most seasonal spot do not have sewer so you either transport it to the dump station or just pay the campground to pump out your tanks ($14)

They have a bunch of different events through the season. This year they added the first annual car show. Don't know if they'll allow motorcycles but if they do I'll put my harley in it.

I see you did some research @IBMobile, the camper is 36' with 3 slides and weights are correct.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Season passes start at $1550 per season

That's a really good deal.  The campground we go to charges $750/month which includes water, sewer, and electricity.  People line up days before  the campground opens, the last week in April, to get a spot for the summer.   

• Staff
5 hours ago, IBMobile said:

People line up days before  the campground opens, the last week in April, to get a spot for the summer.   

We will put a deposit down in August for next season (2024) so we will have it as long as we want doing it that way. We can also leave our camper on the site through winter for $75. That way we don't have to tear anything down and move it. Just pack it all up and secure things for the off season. Some things will come home such as the golf cart and maybe outdoor furniture. 

• Staff
7 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

leave our camper on the site through winter for $75.

Storing  the trailer there all winter for $75 is such a good deal.  The campground we go to gets so much snow the trailer roofs could collapse and there is danger of avalanches, there are signs posted on the road.  They will store your trailer in the town of Bridgeport during the winter months for $1.75 per foot per month, plus towing fees between the campground and town if you want them to do that for you.  Your trailer would cost $63/mounth or $441 for the winter months plus towing.

View looking north from the campground in May

IMG_6153.JPG.007d7721243f36a02885697ffa1bf120.JPG

• Owner

Heck, right here at home as of this morning April 18th, 2023, it is still SNOWING. Even considering camping around here before May is just a bad idea. Basically, instead of being cooped up in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house, downsize to a 296 square foot RV with a single bathroom and watching it snow is even worse. I know @JAG1 was talking about going for the camping trip over in Oregon but if I look at what is right here at my place, I'd have to say, "Nope." 

As for going seasonal like the topic says... If I'm in an RV park it's not very enjoyable neighbors are even closer than here at home where they are several hundred feet from me to just a few feet away. As soon as this snow breaks and my high country spot is not buried under 7 to 8 feet of snow (West of Burgdorf, ID) I know I'll be back there camping. No power, no cellphone, no internet, just peace and quiet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Finally the day came. We picked up our new to us home away from home.  I have to say, it looks good behind my truck. It pulled very nice, I do need to raise my hitch an inch or two for clearance above the bed rails though.

I snapped a couple pics once I got her parked in the driveway.

20230506_115759.jpg

20230506_115729.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...