• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear seat under storage.

My truck came with a very handy storage compartment/separator under the rear seat it prevents things from sliding around and out the doors.

It looks factory installed. Seems to be a rare option I've never seen another truck with it.

I just wonder what it was called and which trucks got it.

27 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

My 2000 SLT has it.  Bin, Storage; part number 05012913AA.  Only available in a boneyard. 

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-box-bin-storage~5012913aa.html

I noticed that none of the boneyards have them they must be in high demand just like the spare tire wind up thingy. Those are always gone or bad.

• Staff

"The spare tire wind up thingy" is the same for 1500, 2500, and 3500 Ram trucks.  I grabbed an extra one of a 1500 a few years ago for a back-up.  Thing is there is no rust in southern California so I don't know if I'll ever need it.  I offered it to @JAG1 for his trucks but he has his chained up the spares under the trucks. 

The storage bin is standard in the "hi-line" SLT.

PickYourPart in Wichita, KS.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/inventory/wichita-1246/  

Edited by IBMobile

• Staff
10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Strange. I've got storage bin as well in Beast but Beast is a SLT but I do not have any Hi Line options. No trip computer, no heated seats, no key fob,  no steering wheel stereo controls, etc.

That used to be called a 'stripper' in my time. As long as it's a truck that's all right... I will allow that on the forum. :)

• Staff
On 6/26/2023 at 10:06 PM, JAG1 said:

That used to be called a 'stripper' in my time. As long as it's a truck that's all right... I will allow that on the forum. :)

I would consider mine a stripper, no power anything, rubber mat, no carpet. Manual windows, locks. Pleather seats with no power function. She's a basic truck with all standard equipment only.

No tray under the seat either. Makes plenty of room for my 12" sub. :cool:

• Like 1

• Owner
3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

We are so spoiled these days, in the old days you were lucky if you got a heater. @Mopar1973Man packs the other kind, the kind that makes you cold!

With my talent for working on these trucks and doing A/C work, I can make the A/C cold I've measured temperatures of at least 35 to 38 degrees. Heater wise I can burn you out with vent temperatures at about 160 degrees. But as for the storage tray, it is six of one and half dozen of the other. Some have the option and others don't. 

• Like 2