• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV Battery Isolator

• Staff

A continuos duty mechanical relay is what I've used for many years. They work well. Mine is switched in the cab to be able to control when the camper batteries get charged. I start my truck and usually wait till the truck batteries get replenished for awhile and then hit the switch to charge the camper batteries. Usually when I get up to highway rpm I parallel in the camper batteries to be charged via the relay.

• Owner

Personally I like battery isolators that use 2 heavy duty diodes and wired from the alternator to the isolator the has the main battery terminal and a house battery terminals. This way your capable of getting the most from the vehicle alternator. Diode tend to last longer because there is no contacts to burn and diodes act like one way flow valves for electricity. Where a solenoid is a switch which h now could stick closed and drain both batteries.