• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Not starting straight away every time

3 hours ago, wil440 said:

:lmao:

Here they do not use general anaesthetic.  Just either epidural or needle in the thigh. Been told to take headphones and some good music or you just hear the grinder and alligator saw, oh and the hammer and chisel  :surrender:

No way. That sounds impossible. For a hip replacement? Not saying you're wrong, but I am going to say you're not fully informed and someone is having a go with you. There is not enough local numbing that could get you through that being conscious. I just can't believe it.....😱😱😱😱😱

• Staff

Should be titled 'Hip Joints and ball joints' . Did someone mention Santa's bells? :lol:  Sheesh, when it rains it floods... what a story over there in England.

I think your truck just had to dry out from driving the flood. We need those pics Wil, when you get a chance and your better. :popcorn:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max Tune said:

No way. That sounds impossible. For a hip replacement? Not saying you're wrong, but I am going to say you're not fully informed and someone is having a go with you. There is not enough local numbing that could get you through that being conscious. I just can't believe it.....😱😱😱😱😱

Definitely no general anesthetic,  they say it significantly lengthens the time spent in hospital, I have 2 letters now from the hospital outlining the whole thing and there is no unconscious option, also as soon as possible as in within a couple of hours they make you walk and discharged the next day, while I was there sat on the bed last time there was a old guy maybe mid 70's who had left hip done the day before, 20 something physio girl marched in demanded he get off the bed and get up a flight of stairs just near the ward as he would be going home within the hour 

Oh and to top it all off my 19 year old granddaughter wrote off her car Saturday night, luckily all OK but the car is done for 

Insurance was going to be £8k for the year but she opted for a new driver recorder box so it was "only £4k" and no its not a hellcat its a 1200cc vauxhall corsa 

• Sad 1

On 11/20/2023 at 2:16 AM, wil440 said:

Definitely no general anesthetic,  they say it significantly lengthens the time spent in hospital, I have 2 letters now from the hospital outlining the whole thing and there is no unconscious option, also as soon as possible as in within a couple of hours they make you walk and discharged the next day, while I was there sat on the bed last time there was a old guy maybe mid 70's who had left hip done the day before, 20 something physio girl marched in demanded he get off the bed and get up a flight of stairs just near the ward as he would be going home within the hour 

Oh and to top it all off my 19 year old granddaughter wrote off her car Saturday night, luckily all OK but the car is done for 

Insurance was going to be £8k for the year but she opted for a new driver recorder box so it was "only £4k" and no its not a hellcat its a 1200cc vauxhall corsa 

There is no way in hell I'd go through that awake. No way. Good luck....

Insurance sounds insane expensive over there. Glad she's ok....

16 hours ago, Max Tune said:

There is no way in hell I'd go through that awake. No way. Good luck....

Insurance sounds insane expensive over there. Glad she's ok....

It's just because she had just passed her driving test and instead of a boring car for a few years to get the "no claims discount "  her Dad bought her the junk she just crashed,  spoilers, lowered,  tyres like rubber bands, you know the type of car, hopefully he now gets her something more suitable 

On the awake ops brain surgery awake is done here 

.ust get the pic of the ball joint :doh:

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Just think of all the help you would get around there if you were to buy her a full race Ford GT. Lots of boyfriends= lots of help. I think they're only a million or so.

:)...... case of too much car way too soon, much better to go through a few dog sh~~~ cars first for like 200 each in now money more like a tenner each when I was 18 :lmao:

my first car was a 1500cc triumph man it was absolute junk it had a few months MOT and was rusted to bits, the right fender had a hole in the top and a mate of mine said he'd get some stemming compound from the local coalmine as he worked there, little did I know stemming compound was used to anchor the roof bolts into the seams to basically stop the roof from caving it, same deal as car body filler... 2 parts mix together, I filled the large hole and it then set like titanium, couldn't sand it, couldn't remove it couldn't do nowt with it, just looked like someone has been sick on the top of the fender

• Staff
6 hours ago, wil440 said:

:)...... case of too much car way too soon, much better to go through a few dog sh~~~ cars first for like 200 each in now money more like a tenner each when I was 18 :lmao:

my first car was a 1500cc triumph man it was absolute junk it had a few months MOT and was rusted to bits, the right fender had a hole in the top and a mate of mine said he'd get some stemming compound from the local coalmine as he worked there, little did I know stemming compound was used to anchor the roof bolts into the seams to basically stop the roof from caving it, same deal as car body filler... 2 parts mix together, I filled the large hole and it then set like titanium, couldn't sand it, couldn't remove it couldn't do nowt with it, just looked like someone has been sick on the top of the fender

Very wise indeed Wil440, one of my young wild days cars was a tired out old MG Midget. Pulled that little 4 cylinder and hauled up to my uncle's rebuild shop in the back of my 64 Malibu. When I got it all back together, I do not know what he did, none of the stock bug eyes nor midgets around town could keep up. Those were the days back then :)

• Like 1

Here's a couple of pictures of the snapped ball joint,  been cracked all the way through for a while think what was holding it was the tiny shiny bit and it was a little bit in the start of the taper and by that I mean the piece that is still in the joint not the piece in the picture 

Like I said day before I was in fast lane of M1 motorway doing 85 :pray:

20231123_094335.jpg

20231123_094316.jpg

Thanks for the photos.  The break looks like it is located in an almost impossible place to inspect.  Who was the manufacturer?  Do you know how long and how many miles it had been installed on your truck?

It is amazing how fortunate you were when that event happened.

- John

21 hours ago, Tractorman said:

Thanks for the photos.  The break looks like it is located in an almost impossible place to inspect.  Who was the manufacturer?  Do you know how long and how many miles it had been installed on your truck?

It is amazing how fortunate you were when that event happened.

- John

You're right, impossible to inspect as the break was just down in the taper which more than likely held it for way longer than it should, truck has done 198k, it had done 140k when I bought it and I haven't replaced that so done  more than 60 k might even be original can't say.

It was certainly a "Final Destination " script and I'm only still alive because my truck pulls slightly left ( don't forget we drive on the left here in the uk so left is to the kerb) If it pulled right I'd be in the box 6ft under  right now as there were 3 big semi trucks coming the other way with no seperation, my truck is due it's MOT check soon, if the guy says can't pass it as the brakes are unbalanced he's going to get told straight  "do one"

Can't type on here what I actually shouted to myself once the truck had stopped

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's been cracked for quite a while. The thin bright spot is the last metal to fail. There is considerable rust in the face of the rest of the tapered stud. Kind of like how the mainshaft in my transmission failed. Just bad metal had a weakness when the part was made. 

Yes it's been hanging by nowt (nothing)for a good while