• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Personal Opinion

• Owner
Posted (edited)

Saturday update. 

I had a very busy day. It started with my PT doctor coming and checking if I can walk a flight of stairs. He want to see my black and blue hair of course with my black makeup. He loved it He suggested to go to my tube removal surgery that way. So transport came and picked me up and we hauled down to radiology lab to remove my kidney ports. All the surgeons love the black and blue hair. They prepped me and pull my left tubing out of my kidney. Again no pain drugs or anything. Started to work on my right and notice my Stent wasn't completely in my kidney but my doctor said it was fine. The surgeon pulled my right tube out and was a rush of warm liquid on my back. I asked if that was blood. Nope it pissed urine out my back! No joke. After 6 months of those tubes I've got tunnels to my kidneys so it will take time to heal shut. 

My OT drop by and said there is nothing left to do being I'm getting up shaving, brushing my teeth and putting on makeup.

Then my ostomy nurse came by to do another training again with my bag. I'm learning how to measure my stoma so I can trim the bag to fit my stoma. I did good on trim work of the base. Made a mistake forgot to the backing cover. She caught my mistake. I've got to roll out a putty sealant for my bag base. I got that applied to the base. Then I got the solvents out to release the previous bag which is interresting to work with since it kind of alcohol based. I started getting the old bag detached and was feeling nauseous. I had my nurse grab me a chair and sat while I did that function. Quickly I started to sweat. I'm hitting my pain limit and knew I was going to have to lay down soon. My ostomy nurse took over and finish my bag applying it to my belly. My blood pressure was through the roof.  Then the battle begins with most of the staff trying to treat my blood pressure which it's based on my pain but I know deal with pain the pressure will follow by falling. It hard to tell a nurse your not feeling pain but my pain is there. Really difficult to explain but they try to do their best to work with my phantom pain.

Now shift change comes and my nurse assistant OMG she was so super cool Abby she has dyed hair as well. We hit it of really quick popping jokes back and forth. She enjoyed my make up and hair and love to show me off to her friends. I brought my black, black/blue and black/purple. When some requested a change I'd gladly walk to my room and swap out hair. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

I'm home. Man it's so nice to crash in my own bed at night. My pain level and anxiety are much lower. My blood pressure is very easy to control using my cannabis. I also so nice to lay in bed all night and not have alarms or bag to dump every 4 hours. I got home Einar made dinner and I loaded up with plenty of food. Started hitting the vape pen I got pretty stoned last night moved to my bed and set up my night bag. Got myself hooked up and rolled over and passed out at 9pm and slept till 5am. That was awesome sleep. I feel very recharged and ready for today. My pain is like when your doing injectors the milk crate slides out from your feet and you scrap your belly on the hood latch. Internally I feel nothing. In my lower back I feel nothing. So basically I feel the skin level stuff but internally I'm a constant zero. I know I'm going to heal much faster at home than in the hospital. My anxiety is way down now too. I was anxiety drug and I'm glad I got one it helped the entire time I was in the hospital being it was on my med list. 

I've gotta say I'm very thankful the people that took care of me in the hospital were awesome. Right down to the housekeepers and all the way up to the charge nurse for the floor. Thank you all!!!

Sad news over the weekend my neighbor Jim had a minor heart attack and fluid in the lungs. Sadly my neighbor passed away June 30th 8pm. Rest In Peace - Jim Gould. He was a wonderful neighbor both Jim and Sharon adopted me into there family after mom passed away. I had the blessing to have the ability to get the charge nurse to release me from my floor and be transported by wheel chair down to see Jim one last time. 

I'm home and doing rather quite well for a guy that had his bladder and prostate remove then 9 inches of my small intestine turned into my stoma and plumbing. Having a ostomy bag isn't the end of the world. After everything heals on me it won't be bad at all. I can mens urinals again. Yeah I've got to do some clothes shopping get shirts and different pants to work with my ostomy bag. It was awesome to sleep through the night at home.

Another sad moment in time. Lost another friend to a very rare form of cancer that attacks the soft connective tissues in the body his started in his neck and between chemo and radiation wasn't enough and cancer won and took his life two days before my surgery. Rest In Peace - Randy which was a friend.

Now the struggles of learning my new life after I heal for a good month. Like standing in front of the bathroom mirror and looking at my belly for really the first time. I've been cut all over my belly and have the doctor digging into me to create my urostomy. Yeah it looks like it hurts. but here shortly have some my holes heal up I can finally take normal showers with my ostomy bag. It will be like my first full shower in the hospital. I was like a little kid play in the water and running over my back and my head having a ball.

As for changing my ostomy bag it not hard at all but I'm going to take advantage of my 2 piece bag and just mount the base first before snapping the bag to the base so I can center the base hole easier over my stoma on my belly which is 1-3/8 for size for my base hole stoma is closer to 1-1/4 so there is a bit of give for mount and so I don't rub the stoma much.

As for the hospital stay. I had more fun at night with nurses. I make a request for a night walk and nurse would vote on my 3 different wigs I brought along. Every one staff wise loved my avatar photo which is my black and purple hair and my black makeup. Change of shift I ended up with different staff so the fun always got started few hours after shift change. Most would inquire about my look and hair. Everyone enjoyed put smiles on even other patients i would happen to see on my walks.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm home. Man it's so nice to crash in my own bed at night. My pain level and anxiety are much lower. My blood pressure is very easy to control using my cannabis. I also so nice to lay in bed all night and not have alarms or bag to dump every 4 hours. I got home Einar made dinner and I loaded up with plenty of food. Started hitting the vape pen I got pretty stoned last night moved to my bed and set up my night bag. Got myself hooked up and rolled over and passed out at 9pm and slept till 5am. That was awesome sleep. I feel very recharged and ready for today. My pain is like when your doing injectors the milk crate slides out from your feet and you scrap your belly on the hood latch. Internally I feel nothing. In my lower back I feel nothing. So basically I feel the skin level stuff but internally I'm a constant zero. I know I'm going to heal much faster at home than in the hospital. My anxiety is way down now too. I was anxiety drug and I'm glad I got one it helped the entire time I was in the hospital being it was on my med list. 

I've gotta say I'm very thankful the people that took care of me in the hospital were awesome. Right down to the housekeepers and all the way up to the charge nurse for the floor. Thank you all!!!

Sad news over the weekend my neighbor Jim had a minor heart attack and fluid in the lungs. Sadly my neighbor passed away June 30th 8pm. Rest In Peace - Jim Gould. He was a wonderful neighbor both Jim and Sharon adopted me into there family after mom passed away. I had the blessing to have the ability to get the charge nurse to release me from my floor and be transported by wheel chair down to see Jim one last time. 

I'm home and doing rather quite well for a guy that had his bladder and prostate remove then 9 inches of my small intestine turned into my stoma and plumbing. Having a ostomy bag isn't the end of the world. After everything heals on me it won't be bad at all. I can mens urinals again. Yeah I've got to do some clothes shopping get shirts and different pants to work with my ostomy bag. It was awesome to sleep through the night at home.

Another sad moment in time. Lost another friend to a very rare form of cancer that attacks the soft connective tissues in the body his started in his neck and between chemo and radiation wasn't enough and cancer won and took his life two days before my surgery. Rest In Peace - Randy which was a friend.

Now the struggles of learning my new life after I heal for a good month. Like standing in front of the bathroom mirror and looking at my belly for really the first time. I've been cut all over my belly and have the doctor digging into me to create my urostomy. Yeah it looks like it hurts. but here shortly have some my holes heal up I can finally take normal showers with my ostomy bag. It will be like my first full shower in the hospital. I was like a little kid play in the water and running over my back and my head having a ball.

As for changing my ostomy bag it not hard at all but I'm going to take advantage of my 2 piece bag and just mount the base first before snapping the bag to the base so I can center the base hole easier over my stoma on my belly which is 1-3/8 for size for my base hole stoma is closer to 1-1/4 so there is a bit of give for mount and so I don't rub the stoma much.

As for the hospital stay. I had more fun at night with nurses. I make a request for a night walk and nurse would vote on my 3 different wigs I brought along. Every one staff wise loved my avatar photo which is my black and purple hair and my black makeup. Change of shift I ended up with different staff so the fun always got started few hours after shift change. Most would inquire about my look and hair. Everyone enjoyed put smiles on even other patients i would happen to see on my walks.

Awesome so happy you are back home and doing so well in the recovery process.  Take good care and get the rest you need. Try not to rush it. I know it’s tempting.

• Thanks 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, leety said:

Awesome so happy you are back home and doing so well in the recovery process.  Take good care and get the rest you need. Try not to rush it. I know it’s tempting.

Oh I know I'm just excited to be home just laying in my own bed. Already talked to Mark and he know to grab the baseball bat and whack me when I attempt to do anything. I'll admit I'm got up and wake and bake today. Way better than the big pharma pain drugs. Nice day and about 73°F outside and just nice to lay here looking my big bay window at the yard and birds doing their thing. I might get up soon and figure out breakfast I need some munchies. Lol.

• Owner
3 hours ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

being home is the best healing you can do! 

Also best ways to test what works and dont work. Friends are trying so hard to make every thing like super tasty or trying bring more normal food. I paid the price twice in a day. AJ brought me a half of BLT sandwich. Oh that was so good but the lettuce made me gassy and painful. Ouch. Then Einar made a creamy type of hamburger helper looked good but just a but strong on black pepper oh that hurt again. Now that I'm attempting to get things right and such yeah I've gotta be careful on foods I eat even though it looks good smells good no high fiber oh my Gwad that chit hurts.

Today I've got to change my bag day. MON and WED. Right now my belly is sore from a few food mishaps. No high fiber foods I ate a leaf of lettuce OMG that hurt. Then Einar made a home brew hamburger helper for me but there was black pepper mixed in tasted awesome but OMG that hurts. You know I'm enjoying my 2L night bag I can couple up and pass out for entire night.

I could change to MON  and THU being I'm a bit sore right now. We will see how morning goes and if im showing any signs of leaking or skin problems. Might be nice to shower after my woulds on my back and belly are tended to first this morning.

Other than that the old Michael Nelson is changing before peoples eyes and my not putting up with bullchit from anyone but taking care of me first. I seriously thinking  going to Urgent Care and getting my wounds looked at and see how much I can get removed. Grab a few bottles of alcohol for sanitizing my work space. This way on bag change days I can get a shower without bag and clean up really good. Afterwards I do have to dry my skin very well to ensure the base sticks to my belly like putting on a bandaid on a wet finger. Don't work. 

Second night with my night bag is awesome and sleep the full time of the night without the mental call to wake up and drain my bladder or old bag systems. 

Even all my time in the hospital I was just enjoying to be different. This part of my life I don't care. I still continue to do my make up daily and my hair. Just like my body I'm forever changed I'll never be the same. With my stoma I can get hernias easy being those muscles have been cut. I've got a bag hanging off the front of my belly. Now ive got to learn my new life and how to do things carefully and being able to get the bag change down to a science. It not quite peel and stick on. The is steps to remove, clean, prep the new bag and base with sealant, and apply. Only like 15 minutes but I'll admit I'm nervous first time solo today. I'm more or less looking for the most bang for the buck today. 

Note to self I need razor blade I need to shave.

17200170981618844023331388637443.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/3/2024 at 7:32 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Also best ways to test what works and dont work. Friends are trying so hard to make every thing like super tasty or trying bring more normal food. I paid the price twice in a day. AJ brought me a half of BLT sandwich. Oh that was so good but the lettuce made me gassy and painful. Ouch. Then Einar made a creamy type of hamburger helper looked good but just a but strong on black pepper oh that hurt again. Now that I'm attempting to get things right and such yeah I've gotta be careful on foods I eat even though it looks good smells good no high fiber oh my Gwad that chit hurts.

Today I've got to change my bag day. MON and WED. Right now my belly is sore from a few food mishaps. No high fiber foods I ate a leaf of lettuce OMG that hurt. Then Einar made a home brew hamburger helper for me but there was black pepper mixed in tasted awesome but OMG that hurts. You know I'm enjoying my 2L night bag I can couple up and pass out for entire night.

I could change to MON  and THU being I'm a bit sore right now. We will see how morning goes and if im showing any signs of leaking or skin problems. Might be nice to shower after my woulds on my back and belly are tended to first this morning.

Other than that the old Michael Nelson is changing before peoples eyes and my not putting up with bullchit from anyone but taking care of me first. I seriously thinking  going to Urgent Care and getting my wounds looked at and see how much I can get removed. Grab a few bottles of alcohol for sanitizing my work space. This way on bag change days I can get a shower without bag and clean up really good. Afterwards I do have to dry my skin very well to ensure the base sticks to my belly like putting on a bandaid on a wet finger. Don't work. 

Second night with my night bag is awesome and sleep the full time of the night without the mental call to wake up and drain my bladder or old bag systems. 

Even all my time in the hospital I was just enjoying to be different. This part of my life I don't care. I still continue to do my make up daily and my hair. Just like my body I'm forever changed I'll never be the same. With my stoma I can get hernias easy being those muscles have been cut. I've got a bag hanging off the front of my belly. Now ive got to learn my new life and how to do things carefully and being able to get the bag change down to a science. It not quite peel and stick on. The is steps to remove, clean, prep the new bag and base with sealant, and apply. Only like 15 minutes but I'll admit I'm nervous first time solo today. I'm more or less looking for the most bang for the buck today. 

Note to self I need razor blade I need to shave.

17200170981618844023331388637443.jpg

Hang in there. Listen to your body and try to give it all the rest it needs.  I know that‘s hard when you’re a doer. As I have gotten older I have had to move my diet in a much healthier direction or I don’t feel as good as I want to.  This situation may be a bump on that for you. Holding you in my thoughts.

• Owner

I'm healing slowly. Struggling with my ostomy bag off on on. Somedays are easy others just suck. Like this morning I woke up and started my morning getting coffee made and wondered why my shirt is wet and my pants. My ostomy separated from my belly and leaked into my belly button. Kind of like a weep hole on a water pump. I learning you really have to keep your skin dry so the base adhesives can continue to stick to me solid. After changing my bag quickly I got dressed in shorts and a tee shirt. Put my make up on and wear my black wig today. 3.5 hours or driving I find that leaving my ostomy bag freely hang is way more comfortable than tucked in which diminish the capacity and requires more stops to drain. 

I've also learned my pain tolerance is much higher than I thought. Now my medical team uses my blood pressure now to gauge my pain levels. 

I'll admit it's been a huge change of life for me. Finally have a 2L bag for night time and wonderful to sleep all night through. Another wonderful tidbit is finally be able to have a shower and get my body wet and enjoy hot water on my back. I have to blow dry the base after my shower. Hopefully soon I'll be able to shower without my bag.

Currently just sitting I'm still very sore and takes quite a bit out of me. I'm most happiest laying flat on my bed and my pain and blood pressure falls shortly after laying down. Yeah I know it's just a matter of time till I heal and this should fade too.

• Like 2

• Owner
Posted (edited)

This is the first time in 6 months I've been able to sit at my true computer and work at my desk. Yeah, my desk is an absolute trainwreck with paperwork and medical stuff everywhere. I'm going to slowly come out of my shell. I still hurt off and on but I'm starting to get trying of the being sick and laying in bed crap its time to get shaking and grooving the best I can. If it mean only working a short day and getting a few things done OK. Mark asked me to diagnose Thor yesterday. I ordered a tapped banjo bolt to diagnose the lift pump pressure and performance from the fuel tank to find out its at ZERO pressure. You can hear the pump but no pressure. If felt good to just get my hands dirty for a moment and hook up a fuel pressure gauge. 

It's not easy to deal with the intestinal pain and issues at times. Gas pains can be serious business which are capable of dropping me to my knees or on the floor pretty quick yet. Eventually, the healing section of my bowels will quit this and should happen about 4 to 5 weeks after surgery I'm just heading to my 3 weeks but still struggling to keep going. 

As for me I'm doing what I can and taking breaks as needed to keep moving forward. Yesterday I got my shower and came out to the kitchen and cleaned it all up. I can handle about 2 to 3 hours with breaks to allow my abdominal muscles a chance to relax once in a while. You'll never know how much you take it for granted that your core muscle group really does a lot for you and your standing posture. Like I've always remember that I'm a high risk for a hernia being I've got a hole in my abdominal wall where my stoma comes through now. 

Other than that I want to gain my life back now that I'm cancer-free and feeling my strength slowly returning back to me. Still I have lots of doctor's appointments yet to do. Yesterday I slept in really good and spaced off my appointment that morning. :doh: Yeah my 2L night bag I really do enjoy being able to sleep all night long without having to get up to pee like in the beginning setting my alarm for 9pm, 12 midnight, 3am, 6am and 9am. Yeah I did that every night for 6 months. Now I it the bed and couple up to my night bag and SLEEP like a ROCK.

17212372879745980163623024590390.jpg

Your command and chief it returning to what he's used to doing slowly. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Set back. Few days ago I had my stents removed. The doctor nicked my stoma trying to cut the string holding my stents in place. I healed up. Do remember I'm on blood thinners. Sadly that nick started bleeding last night as I slept. Woke to a bag with bloody urine. Hoping it would stop but it didn't. I made the run to mccall hospital and been here since 9am. Bleeding is stopped and I'm covered in my own blood. My ostomy base failed and I started just bleeding down the front of my shirt and shorts. Ugh.

I'm OK. I'm getting IV fluids and going to be sent home. I've got to stay off my blood thinners for about 3 days.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

20240721_120910.jpg

Even with the set backs I still clomb out of bed and pull it together for my fans that enjoy my Goth look.

Thanks for all the updates.  You’ve been on my mind a lot lately.  It’s great to see your progress.  You are truly an inspiration!!

• Thanks 1